Fire crews from Southern Tableland and South West Zones NSW Rural Fire Service, National Parks and Wildlife and Local Council are continuing to strengthen containment lines on all fires in the Southern Tablelands Zone.
The status of Camp Oven Spur fire Bungonia National Park is Patrol. The Badgerys Point Lookout fire is contained. The Honeysuckle fire at Crookwell is Patrol. The Cobbler Rd and Dicks Creek fire at Yass is Patrol.
Fire crews are working hard to ensure that these fires are secured
Non-residents are asked not to travel on rural roads in the Cobbler Rd fire area due to risk of falling trees and on-going fire related activities with heavy plant and fire appliances.
Monitor conditions in your area.
Check and follow your Bush Fire Survival Plan. If you do not have a plan, decide what you will do if the situation changes. Leaving early is your safest option.
If your life or property is in immediate danger call ‘000’.
- Updates on this fire and others across the state also available at www.rfs.nsw.gov.au or by calling call 1800 NSW RFS (1800 679 737).
- Find out the latest Fire Danger Rating in your area at www.rfs.nsw.gov.au or by calling 1800 NSW RFS (1800 679 737).
- For information on road conditions or closures, please call the NSW RTA on 131 700 or check www.rta.nsw.gov.au. Remember roads may be closed without warning.
- For information on closures of National Parks associated with this fire, please visit www.npws.nsw.gov.au.
- If you need to report a fire or require urgent assistance, dial triple zero (000).
Authorised by Incident Controller Peter Alley Yass Fire Control Centre. Issued by the Incident Management Team on behalf of the Commissioner of the NSW Rural Fire Service.