The Taralga Tigers are crossing borders and coming to Crookwell on Saturday to take on the Dogs in the 2017 Rugby Union grand final. It will be standing room only as this match will be sure to attract the big crowds.
Looking back over the games through the year in round 5 Crookwell defeated Taralga 8-5. Than in round 15 Crookwell again took the game 22-7.
Now the two teams come together again on Saturday at 2.30pm.
The Pups 6s and 8s will kick off the entertainment on the day playing from 12.15pm.
The 10s and 12s run on then at 12.45pm and then the big boys take to the field in what will be a cracker of a game.
The game day sponsors are RJ Mccarthy and Co Solicitors. Post game entertainment is back at the Golf Club. Be sure to dress in your team colours and get loud on the day!
1. Jace Cosgrove - loose head Prop. Nickname: Big Jace. Age: 27. Club Matches 46. Bookend number 1. Improved player looking to get on the front foot.
2. Isaac Elliott - Hooker. Nickname: Pomba/Zac. Age: 19. Club Matches 32. Young gun having a blinder of a season. Strong in attack and defence.
3. Matt Bird - Tighthead Prop. Nickname: Birdy/Birdman. Age: 25. Club Matches: 27. Bookend number 2. The rock of the Tigers scrum. Will play a big role in Taralga getting quality possession.
4. Charlie Croker - lock. Nickname. Chazza. Age: 28. Club Matches: 82. Coming of age in a breakthrough season. Maturing as an important member of the team.
5. Sam Hand - lock. Nickname: Demp/Radar. Age: 25. Club Matches: 53. Passionate Taralga club man. Does the hard stuff in the tight areas.
6. Matt Chalker - Blindside Flanker. Nickname: Chalky Boy/Captain Insaino. Age: 29. Club Matches: 92. Team Captain. Inspirational leader of the team. Plenty of big game experience. 4th Grand Final with Taralga.
7. Will Hedley - Openside Flanker. Age: 30. Club Matches: 184 (club record) Nickname: Willy/Wis. Tigers most experienced player. 5th Grand Final for Taralga. Good over the ball.
8. Peter Hall - Number 8. Nickname. Hally. Age: 36. Club Matches: 53. The old man of the team. Playing like a teenager again. Leads from the front.
9. Benjamin Thomas - halfback. Nickname BJ. Vice Captain. Age: 22. Club Matches: 32. Cheeky, competitive half. Tough - plays well above his weight.
10. Corey Greenwood - Five Eight. Nickname. Cooge. Age: 19. Club Matches: 11. Talented young and mature footballer improving every match. Good communicator who leads the backline.
11. Michael Bennett - winger. Nickname. Micky Marcott. Age: 18. Club Matches: 16. Rookie on the rise. Good in broken play.
12. Steve Anable - inside centre. Nickname. Leslie Chow. Age: 19. Club Matches: 31. Big presence in midfield. Has important role in stopping the oppositions big ball runners.
13. Nicholas Bennett - outside Centre. Nickname: Nicko/Dobby. Age: 20. Club Matches: 30. Top point scorer. Tough little bloke with plenty of attacking ability.
14. Tom Condylios - winger. Nickname. Condy/Cowboy. Age: 18. Club Matches: 18. Another young gun. Promising player with good game sense.
15. Tom Croker - Fullback. Nickname: Snake. Age: 22. Club Matches: 38. Dangerous attacking player. Expect the unexpected here.
16. George Cummins - Hooker. 18. Nickname: Fake Taxi. Club Matches: 14. Young forward providing good cover. Best years in front of him.
17. Tom Andreatta - Prop. Nickname: Big Tommy. Age: 21. Club Matches: 40. Bookend number 3. Will make his presence felt when given the opportunity. Works hard in the tight.
18. Ben Corbett - utility forward. Nickname: Doctor. Age: 20. Club Matches: 18. Another young forward providing good cover. Expect a high work rate when he gets his chance on the field.
19. Chris Roberts - Utility Forward. Nickname: Robbo/Chris Griffin. Age: 20. Club Matches: 36. Utility forward providing versatility. Good club man.
20. Josh Croker - Flanker. Nickname: Goose. Age: 24. Club Matches: 79. Experienced backrower. Impact player with high work rate.
21. Tynan Buckley - utility Back. Nickname: T-bag. Age: 29. Club Matches: 140. Experienced Utility back. Will make an impact. Retiring after this match.
22. Lachlan Corbett - Utility. Nickname: Corbo. Age: 18. Club Matches: 15. Improving young footballer still learning the game.
23. Joel Croker - injured Five Eight. Nickname: Chavez/Pole. Age: 26. Club Matches: 66. Hip surgery awaits this crucial playmaker of the Taralga Tigers. Hope to see him back to his best next year.
24. Harrison Grashorn - Utility Forward. Nickname: Harro. Age: 22. Club Matches: 35. Utility forward who has missed a large chunk of the season with work commitments and travelling.
Coach: Evan Rees
Manager: Dave Rees
Taralga match Results 2017
Round 1 – Taralga 37 def Batemans Bay 21 (a)
Round 2 – Bye
Round 3 – Taralga 47 def Braidwood 22 (a)
Round 4 – Taralga 40 def Jindabyne 14 (h)
Round 5 – Crookwell 8 def Taralga 5 (a)
Round 6 – Taralga 50 def Gungahlin 8
Round 7 – Bungendore 28 def Taralga 22 (a)
Round 8 – Taralga 64 def Yass 20 (h)
Round 9 – Boorowa 34 def Taralga 12 (a)
Round 10 – Taralga 20 def Boorowa 10 (h)
Round 11 – Taralga 45 def Bungendore 13 (h)
Round 12 – Taralga 33 def Jindabyne 31 (a)
Round 13 – Taralga 29 def Batemans Bay 10 (h)
Round 14 – Bye
Round 15 – Crookwell 22 def Taralga 7 (h)
Round 16 – Taralga 40 def Yass 14
Round 17 – Taralga 45 def Gungahlin 24
Round 18 – Taralga 17 def Boorowa 13
Minor Semi Final – Taralga 33 def Boorowa 0
Preliminary Final – Taralga 36 def Bungendore 30
Grand Final – Taralga v Crookwell
Record; 18 matches, 14 wins – 4 losses, 579 Points for – 322 points against