Last week I was shocked to find out via email that Greyhound Australia were planning to cease their bus service from Goulburn to Canberra without consultation with passengers or the council, which worked hard to get this service up and running.
Unfortunately, our efforts to get a meeting with Greyhound Australia were not successful and it seems their minds cannot be changed. However, we are continuing to follow this issue up as I believe this service is extremely important for Goulburn.
I’ve had discussions with a number of bus companies who are interested in providing a service, and I am hopeful one will provide a solution. There are some issues in regards to cross border public transport but I’ve had initial discussions with the relevant departments, who have been positive about finding a solution.
It may take a little longer than a week to get this off the ground, but I am confident we can find a solution to ensure a service continues.
Catch a Councillor
The dates for the 2017 Community Outreach meetings have been set, allowing rural residents to discuss council matters with councillors and senior staff in their home town.
Rural community members are encouraged to take the opportunity to have their say on council matters and projects.
The outreach meetings are a great chance to get face to face with community members throughout our LGA. I like to think I am easily contactable and my door is always open to residents, but it’s fantastic to get out into the rural communities.
Schedule (6.30pm start):
- Middle Arm RFS Shed, Thursday, October 5
- Windellama Hall, Tuesday, October 10
- Goulburn Council Chambers, Tuesday, October 17
- Marulan Hall, Tuesday, October 24
- Parkesbourne Church Hall, Thursday, November 2
- Tarago Community Hall, Tuesday, November 14
- Towrang Community Hall, Thursday, November 16
- Tallong Memorial Hall, Thursday, November 23
- Bungonia Community Hall, Tuesday, November 28