A fantastic day was held at the Goulburn Showgrounds on Saturday, September 2, when the Goulburn Show and the Goulburn Young Farmers Network hosted the Station Dog Challenge and Dog High Jump. The contest was a fundraising event for the Goulburn Young Farmers Challenge Team representing NSW in the Australia Young Farmers Challenge Championships to be held at the Melbourne Royal Show on Saturday.
Goulburn Station Dog Challenge results
Single dog challenge
- 1st Will Fitzpatrick – Angus
- 2nd Will Fitzpatrick – Hurley
- 3rd Jacob Miccalaff – Darcy
Team Dog Challenge
- 1st Matt Corby -Billy and Artie
- 2nd Maurice Metherall – Tri and Zoe
- 3rd Jacob Miccalaff – Darcy andDixie
Dog High Jump
Small Dog High Jump
- 1st Lachie – Skipper – 1.24cm
- 2nd Emelia – Lilly – 77.5cm
- 3rd Lauren – Maddy – 77-5cm
Open Dog High Jump
- 1st Merran – Aussie – 2.6cm
- 2nd Matt – Bow – 2.48cm
- 3rd Lyndelle – Lace – 2.42cm
A big Thank you to all competitors and sponsors, the day wouldn’t have been such a success without everyone’s input and support.
- Fifes Stock Feeds
- Forest Lodge Seeds and Rural Supplies
- Goulburn Sand & Soil
- Goulburn Produce
- Fullerton Station Cattle Company
- Woolaringa Meats
- DC Contracting
- Trifecta Stock Dogs
- Goulburn Farm Machinery
- The Dog Spot
- Also Thanks to Stephen Burgun for judging, livestock, all his help and advice on the day.
- Amanda Herringe Photography, as the official photographer for the day.
- Brad Thorn for building and donating the Dog Crate that was the major Raffle prize, which was won be Lyndon.
- Goulburn Livestock Transport, Fred Troutman for carting the livestock.
- Also a big thanks to the Goulburn Young Farmers Network team for all their hard work they put into organising this event and the Goulburn Show committee that provided refreshments.
We wish the NSW Young Farmers Challenge Team (Matt Sheehy, Kim Sykes, Sam Brown, Tara Smith) all the best as they head off to the Australian Young Farmer Challenge Championships to be held at the Melbourne Royal Show on Saturday 23rd September, we would also like to thank the Royal Agricultural Society of NSW and the Goulburn Branch of the NSW Farmers for there generous support and sponsorship to the team in helping them get to Melbourne and also Hertz Goulburn for their support.
NSW FARMERS PRESENTATION TO YOUNG FARMER CHALLENGE TEAM
Geoff Henderson and Noel Lawton from the Goulburn Branch of NSW Farmers Association presented the Goulburn Show 2016 Young Farmer Challenge Team with sponsorship to help with expenses for their trip to Royal Melbourne Show to compete for the National Title on Saturday 23rd September. The team is Tara Smith, Sam Brown, Kim Sykes, Matt Sheehy.
Geoff congratulated the team on their selection and wished them well. Geoff said it is excellent to see more young people coming into Agriculture and was impressed with the Goulburn Station Dog Challenge day and the enthusiastic participants and spectators present.
The Branch also presented Goulburn Show President Jacki Waugh and Treasurer Nestor Ellinopoullos with a cheque for sponsorship for the Young Farmer Challenge at the 2018 Goulburn Show. Goulburn Branch Chair, Margaret Cameron said: ‘We are pleased to be able to support the local Show in providing an opportunity for young people in Agriculture to demonstrate their skills.”