We’re Goodstart – a not-for-profit with a vision for Australia’s children to have the best possible start in life. We’re Australia’s largest early learning and care provider, and our people are passionate about the benefits of early learning. They go beyond childcare to provide positive, nurturing and stimulating early learning environments that help children reach their full potential.
As the Assistant Director at Goodstart Ocean Reef, you will leverage your experience as a senior educator to extend your network of relationships with children, families and educators. You will work in collaboration with the centre director to ensure high quality education and care is provided to all children.
Meet your team
Goodstart Early Learning Child Care Centre Ocean Reef is located at the end of Marina Boulevard. We are conveniently located at a two minute walk from Ocean Reef Primary School as well as shops, transport and main roads.
We are licensed for 85 children each day. We have four large rooms - from Nursery to Kindergarten and we are fully staffed. The majority of our educators have worked at our centre for over five years and through this time have come to know all families very well.
- Must hold at least a Diploma in children’s services (or ACECQA assessed equivalent)
- Have substantial experience as a senior educator or in a similar role
- Experience in leadership within the early years or similar (desirable)
- Previous experience with business administration (desirable)
- Full time 38 hours per week – including open and closing shifts.
- Support the centre director in the leadership of the team to provide high-quality early learning and care
- Responsible for the overall management of the centre in the centre directors absence
- Build respectful and reciprocal relationships with children and families
- Actively support the centre’s attendance targets
- Use and implement the Goodstart Practice Guide
Our Employment Value Proposition
Our benefits are unique to Goodstart and that makes employees want to join and stay with our organisation.
- Supportive and friendly team
- Professional development and training
- Competitive above award wages
- Career pathways
- Uniform allowance
- Childcare discounts (up to 30%)
If you have leadership experience as a senior educator, or similar, then we want to meet you!
Goodstart is committed to child safety, with a zero tolerance of child abuse, and expect all our employees to reflect this commitment
To apply for the role please ‘Apply Now’ or to review the role PD please Click Here.
For further information please contact Paul Newton on 08 9352 1301
Supporting our people and protecting our children
We are an equal opportunity employer that is proud of our inclusive and diverse work environment. We support and encourage individual growth and strong teams that are made up of many different cultures and backgrounds.
We are deeply committed to Reconciliation and creating an environment where Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People feel connected and a strong sense of belonging. By weaving Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander perspectives through all that we do, we aim to build knowledge and a deeper understanding of our First Nations People and culture for all in our team.