Role: Childcare Chef
Location: Goulburn, NSW
Centre: Goodstart, Goulburn.
Employment Type: Part-Time 27.5 hours (Monday – Friday)
Are you a Cook who is passionate about the health and wellbeing of children? Do you want to work for an organisation that offers genuine career opportunities to help you succeed?
At Goodstart, we’re all about laying the foundation for better lives through amazing early learning experiences, and we know that we can’t do that without great people!
From our centre directors to centre teams, we work together to make a real difference for children in those crucial early years.
Safety, health and wellbeing are more than just words to us, they are a personal commitment and a promise we make to our children, our families and each other every day.
We’re Goodstart – a not-for-profit with a vision for Australia’s children to have the best possible start in life.
As a Cook at Goodstart, your responsibilities include preparing meals to meet the needs of all children, including those with special dietary requirements and allergies. You will hold exceptional knowledge of food safety and hygienic preparation of food and drinks.
You’ll help achieve this by
- Valid Working with Children’s Check – Blue card Paid
- Exceptional knowledge of safety and wellbeing
- Ideally holding a Certificate III in Commercial Cookery or equivalent
- Ensure safe and hygienic storage, handling and preparation of food and drinks
- Strong communication skills, reliable and punctual
- Having experience providing meals for children with allergies, cultural and special dietary requirements
- Demonstrating great time management skills to work in a fast paced environment
What Goodstart can offer you
- Job security and stability
- Professional development and training
- Competitive above award rates
- Ability to purchase additional annual leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Uniform allowance
- Childcare discounts (from 15 - 30%)
If you have previous experience as a Cook or can demonstrate organisational skills and you have a willingness to learn and provide high quality and nutritious meals, then we want to meet you!
How to apply
- Click ‘Apply Now’ and submit your application.
We review applications as they are submitted. We encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible for your best chance to progress to the next stage of the process.
Supporting our people and protecting our children
We are an equal opportunity employer that is proud of our inclusive and diverse work environment. We support and encourage individual growth and strong teams made up of Goodstarters from diverse cultures, backgrounds and experiences.
We are committed to child safety. We believe children have the right to be safe, happy and empowered. Our commitment is underpinned by Article 3 of the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child.
We are deeply committed to Reconciliation and creating an environment where Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People feel connected and a strong sense of belonging. By weaving Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander perspectives through all that we do, we aim to build knowledge and deeper cultural awareness and understanding of our First Nations people and culture for all.