Centre Cook - Goodstart Early Learning Warragul - Burke Street
Goodstart is Australia’s largest provider of early learning and care. Founded with a vision for all Australia’s children to have the best possible start in life, as a not-for-profit social enterprise, we exist purely to improve the lives of Australia’s children and their families. We are entirely Australian owned employing over 15,000 people, and caring for over 71,000 children.
Goodstart Early Learning Warragul - Burke Street are currently seeking an experienced Centre Cook to join their centre. This 70 place centre is located in a quiet street in Warragul with rural like surroundings – including cows as neighbours! The team have strong community relationships and through these are able to provide additional art and music experiences to their children.
To be successful in this role, you will hold a Food Safety Handling certificate as well as experience cooking for large quantities, adhering to dietary requirements, menu planning, managing stock and ordering produce within a budget.
This role is permanent part time, 25 hours per week.
- We pay highly competitive salaries above the national award rates
- Friendly and supportive team with large national head office support
- Ongoing professional development and opportunities
- Employee benefits that range from childcare discounts, discounted travel, insurance, and technology
- Purchase up to 4 weeks additional annual leave
- Support the health and wellbeing of the children through planning and preparing nutritious meals and snacks
- Prepare meals to meet the needs of children with special dietary requirements and allergies
- Exceptional knowledge of safety and wellbeing
- Order food supplies in consultation with the Centre Director
- Ensure safe and hygenic storage, handling and preparation of food and drinks
- Willingness to learn and be a part of the team
- Strong communication skills, reliable and punctual
Supporting our people and protecting our children
We are an equal opportunity employer that is proud of our inclusive and diverse work environment. We support and encourage individual growth and strong teams that are made up of many different cultures and backgrounds.
We are deeply committed to Reconciliation and creating an environment where Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People feel connected and a strong sense of belonging. By weaving Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander perspectives through all that we do, we aim to build knowledge and a deeper understanding of our First Nations People and culture for all in our team.