Casual Childcare Educator | Alphington
- Flexibility - Choose your own schedule as a casual educator.
- Get Paid Weekly – Maintain your finances with weekly pay.
- Networking Opportunities – Collaborate with, and build relationships across the journey community through centre visits, events and networking opportunities.
- Ongoing Professional Development - Exclusive access to our internal professional development platform, external training and short courses.
- Uniforms Provided – Receive annually updated uniforms to keep you looking fresh and feeling great
Journey Early Learning Alphington is a warm and homely centre catering for 45 children between the ages of six weeks and six years. Our centre is perfectly situated, near public transport, main roads and incredible parklands. Our play spaces are designed to encourage play-based learning, inspiration, adventure and joy in all children, families, and visitors.
Our Centre Manager Veronica has worked in the sector for over 10 years and is passionate about the care and education of young children and helping to support ever child’s individual learning and development.
Community connections are the core of what we do, and that is why we have developed special relationships with organisations such as Kiddy Rock, Kelly Sports and Bush Kinder excursions into the local Parklands, to immerse ourselves in nature-based play.
About Your New Role:
As our new casual educator, it is your role to work as a curious and inclusive team member and assist in providing a safe and stimulating environment which meets the social, cultural, emotional, educational and physical needs of the children and encourages parent participation. Your role will have you supporting the functioning of the centre, while developing your skills in a positive environment.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Bringing the Journey Values of connection, communication and consideration to life and reflect this in everyday practice.
- Ability to adhere to Journey’s child safe policy and code of conduct
- Assisting with observations of individuals and groups of children
- Assisting in the evaluation of children in terms of individual strengths, weaknesses, interests and preferences, which is then used to design activities to be included in the programme.
- Assisting with the program design, implemented, and evaluated in consultation with others to foster all aspect of children’s development in a holistic way.
- Working as an effective team member and within the defined position description.
- Seek and accept support from your Lead Educators, Educational Leader and Centre Manager
- A demonstrated commitment to providing a safe, caring, non-judgemental and supportive environment for all children and their families
- A demonstrated ability to adhere to and understand the ECA code of Ethics and the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child
- Demonstrated understanding of appropriate behaviours while engaging with children
- Current Valid Working with Children Check
- ACECQA approved Diploma or Certificate III in Children’s Services or, working towards
- First Aid, Anaphylaxis and Asthma Certificates
- Full working rights in Australia
About Journey Early Learning:
At Journey Early Learning, we aim to create an environment that is safe, secure, and homely, where everyone feels welcome. Our future is one filled with endless possibilities and growth opportunities, and together, we have developed an educational approach that is inspiring, stimulating and encouraging.
When it comes to early learning, our educators have a vital role to play. Journey educators are passionate, considerate, educated, inspirational and welcoming. Our educators understand that learning is a journey and enjoy developing deeper connections with children, families, and the wider community.
Every journey must begin somewhere, and yours begins right here. Apply today!
Journey Early Learning…where it all begins.
Journey Early Learning promotes the safety, wellbeing, and inclusion of all children, including those with a disability, from a culturally or linguistically diverse background. We are committed to the safety, participation, and empowerment of all children.