Join the SDN village and make a real difference to the lives of children.
When you begin a career in an SDN Early Education and Care centre, you're joining a village of opportunity. Our centres are inclusive and unique environments where everyone is welcome and respected. Discover a community of professionals who are enhancing children's wellbeing by partnering with families to enrich young lives every day.
SDN Children's Services is a not for profit organisation that has been delivering quality early childhood education and child care, children's therapies and family support services since 1905.
We are one of Australia's most respected children's services organisations, and have over 600 staff across 37 sites in Sydney, regional NSW and the ACT.
About the Centre
SDN Lady McKell is a 73 place centre providing high-quality and early childhood education and child care for children from birth to school age in Goulburn. We are located in the centre of Goulburn so we make regular trips with the children to Goulburn Regional Art Gallery, Goulburn Mulwaree Library, nearby parks and places of interest such as the police station, fire station and local businesses.
SDN Lady McKell has a large outdoor play area with lots of trees to provide shade in the summer and sun-dappled adventures during the winter. It has a sandpit under a sail, cubby spaces, and a proper mud kitchen with wide sinks and bench tops so the children can create garden play delicacies! There's also a veggie garden where the children plant seedlings, which they later pick and eat as part of their nutritious meals. Last but certainly not least is the chicken house where their beloved centre chickens live.
About the role
As an educator, you will work as part of a team that provides high-quality early childhood education and care to children and supports the implementation of an approved learning framework.
You will implement and maintain the elements of National Quality Standards (NQS) including the National Laws and Regulations, as well as the EYLF. You will also develop and maintain nurturing relationships and communicate positively and openly with children on an ongoing basis.
This is a full time contracted role till June 2023 across all rooms.
- Certificate III or Diploma in Early Childhood Education and Care
- Current Working with Children's Check (NSW)
- Knowledge of the National Quality Standards
- Knowledge of the Early Years Learning Framework
- Experience in a similar role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Current Senior First Aid Certificate
- Asthma and Anaphylaxis certificates (preferable)
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Understanding of Child Protection legislation and holds an approved and current Child Protection Training qualification
SDN's values are at the heart of everything we do. If you share our values and believe that through working together we can make the world a better and more equitable place then we want to hear from you! We commit ourselves to being: trustworthy and reliable, inclusive and respectful and creative and innovative.
SDN Benefits include:
- Priority placement for children of staff members and discounted child care fees
- Paid parental leave
- Rewards and Recognition Program
- Access to Long Service Leave after 5 years continuous service
- Finders fee - Referral Scheme
- RDOs for full-time educators
- Employee Assistance Program - Free, voluntary and confidential counselling service
- Paid mandatory Work Health and Safety training including First Aid and CPR
- SDN Staff Giving Fund
- Purchased Leave
- Study Leave
- Picnic Day - One extra day paid leave for all permanent staff
- Flu Vaccination reimbursement
- Access to Flare HR - gift card discounts to leading major retailers
View the position description via the link below or copy and paste the link into a web browser:
SDN Children's Services welcomes and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Successful applicants will be subject to relevant pre-employment checks including Working with Children Check (NSW), National Police Check and Covid 19 vaccination in line with government regulations.