Your new company is a Federal Department responsible for the operational management of the election.
Your new role will be the Divisional Materials Manager responsible for managing election materials at the out posted centre. You will be responsible for managing the movement and storage of election materials as well as materials being delivered and dispatched.
• Assist in ongoing management of activities and materials within the OPC
• Oversee and facilitate processes for receipt, preparation, distribution and security of ballot papers and other secure election materials within the OPC in line with legislative and policy directives and timelines.
• Coordinate with DMM logistics on dispatch and receipt of election materials to/from the OPC.
• Ensure that ballot paper secure zones are established and tightly controlled
• Plan and contribute to key polling weekend activities at the OPC. Supervise temporary workforce members, including providing work instructions, technical advice and delivering briefings.
• Interpret reports and standard operating procedures to ensure the movement of materials is conducted in most efficient manner and in line with current policy.
• Keep detailed records of movements of election materials
• Maintain a safe working environment by taking all reasonable steps to ensure compliance with WHS requirements and the security of all personnel and equipment onsite.
• Assist other members of the OPC leadership team as required.
• Designated First Aid Officer for the OPC site
• Oversee receipt and reconciliation of materials received at the OPC.
• Supervise packaging and dispatch of materials to Pre-poll Voting Centres (PPVC), mobile teams and static polling places.
• In liaison with DRO / OPC Project Manager, coordinate and execute return of secure materials from prepoll voting centres
• Support preparation and dispatch of materials as part of decommissioning of the out-posted centre
• Liaise with couriers, resolve any discrepancies
• Perform role of Deputy WHS Officer which may include incident reporting, hazard management, WHS site briefings and resolve any WHS concerns or issues.
What you'll need to succeed is a sound knowledge of logistics and warehousing. A National Police Clearance or the ability to obtain one and a full and current driving licence. You need to be an Australian citizen.
What you'll get in return is the ability to add value to the election process while being paid a competitive rate.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
LHS 297508 #2558932