At Guardian, childcare is more than a job
When you join Guardian Wanniassa, you’ll be fortunate enough to work with the most passionate, knowledgeable and well-supported early education experts in their field.
Our teams partner with families to deliver world-class Curriculum, based on the renowned Reggio framework. Our Teachers and Educators are supporting children to develop the skills they will need to thrive in the 21st century - and we need exceptional, forward-thinking and thoughtful Teachers and Educators to join our ranks.
If you want to feel empowered in your career every day, then Guardian may be the place for you. We want awesome people who know how to light up a child’s curiosity and enthusiasm for learning.
In return, we’ll give you a great place to work, incredible colleagues, and benefits that include:
- Access to world-class professional development, coaching, curriculum, conferences and mentoring
- Become fluent in Reggio Emilia and Boulder Journey School-inspired programs that focus on respect, responsibility and community - brought to life through exploration, discovery and play.
- Career advancement opportunities – from in-centre to leadership roles tailored to your aspirations
- High-quality, well-resourced environments for children and Educators
- Financial benefits including attractive remuneration packages, generous childcare discounts, recognition and rewards, and an employee referral program
- Flexible work options.
With a range of exciting, resource rich environments our 80-place centre in Wanniassa supports the learning of children from birth to five. Each child has access to an open-plan, co-aged outdoor space where our programs come to life.
As part of our strong community focus, all age groups participate in regular excursions to locations such as the community garden, library and local shopping area. With ample street parking and access to public transport, Wanniassa is perfectly situated for an easy commute to and from work each day.
As an ECT, work as an active leading team member to provide a safe, stimulating and educational environment, you’ll also enjoy;
- Supporting Educators to assess each child’s learning and development in relation to the approved learning framework, other contemporary theories and the Guardian curriculum
- Guiding Educators as they critically reflect on each child’s learning and development and on their own pedagogy as part of everyday practice
- Developing Educators’ skills and abilities in completing high-quality documentation.
To be considered, you will have:
- Tertiary Qualifications (University Degree or equivalent) in Early Childhood Education as approved by ACECQA
- Current Teacher’s Accreditation/ Registration (NSW, SA, VIC & WA)
- Proven knowledge of the National Quality Framework
- Previous experience working in the early childhood sector (desirable)
- Valid Working with Children’s Check or state-specific equivalent.
Be inspired, be inspiring, and introduce us to the Teacher in you. Apply now to join Guardian Childcare & Education.
We offer referrals for both Guardian and non-Guardian employees. For more details, visit: guardian.edu.au/careers/refer-your-friends