At Guardian, childcare is more than a job
Educational Leader is not just a job title. It’s a purpose. You know that because you’re an innovator and highly experienced professional. Your skills, commitment to professional learning and development, and drive to seek out best practice puts you in a position to make a lasting impact on how we teach Australia’s children in a rapidly changing world.
When you join Guardian South Yarra, you will have an opportunity to influence and innovate our approach to early childhood education. We create an environment where leadership development is open to all and where the educator’s voice is a critical part of decision making.
Your role as part of our Centre Leadership team and collaborating with other education professionals, children, and families, enables you to challenge, inspire, mentor, and lead the improvement of our educational programs and practice. You’ll also have a great place to work, incredible colleagues, and benefits that include:
- Lead your ongoing professional development and learning through exceptional coaching, conferences, mentoring, and career advancement opportunities.
- Work in high-quality, well-resourced environments where you lead programming and collaborate on resourcing decisions.
- Build and influence the professional capacity and skills within the network and lead the development and implementation of teaching programs and practice.
- Collaborate with professional Educators and Teachers through workshops and meetings to share best practice and learn from each other as you innovate in early childhood education programs based on exploration, discovery, and play.
- Enjoy a competitive salary and financial benefits, including attractive remuneration packages, generous childcare discounts, recognition and rewards, and an employee referral program
- WHEREFIT - 2,000 discounted corporate offers at up to 50% off for gyms, studios, activewear, healthy meals, beauty and more...
- Guardian Degree program - We can support you by offering paid study, flexible work hours, guardian mentors and reimbursement of course fees, because we want to see you succeed. (Terms & conditions apply)
Situated within the Vogue Plaza on Chapel Street, Guardian South Yarra a state-of-the-art 164 place centre. With easy access to public transport, South Yarra is equipped to the highest standards in terms of facilities and reggio-inspired learning materials. The resource-rich environments include, a spacious rooftop garden, a Wellness Centre with a daily yoga program and an Invention Centre. South Yarra’s open plan layout gives the centre a real community feel and encourages multi-age interaction. Our passionate team of Educators enjoy taking the Children out and about on excursions to maintain and encourage great connections with the surrounding community.
Working closely with the Centre Leadership Team, you will enjoy;
- Leading the development and implementation of the curriculum in collaborating with Educators to maximise each child’s development and learning.
- Supporting Educators to ensure that each child participates in the educational program.
- Support Educators to assess each child’s learning and development.
- Establishing clear goals and expectations for teaching and practice in collaboration with all Educators.
- Contributing to the development and ongoing implementation and review of the centres Quality Improvement Plan.
- This is a Maternity cover position initially
To be considered, you will have:
- Tertiary Qualifications (University Degree or equivalent) in Early Childhood Education as approved by ACECQA.
- Current Teacher’s Accreditation/ Registration (NSW, SA, VIC & WA)
- Proven knowledge of the National Quality Framework
- Previous experience working in the early years sector (desirable)
- Valid Working with Children’s Check or state-specific equivalent
So, what are you waiting for? Take the leap and apply now to join Guardian Childcare & Education.
We offer referrals for both Guardian and non-Guardian employees. For more details, visit: guardian.edu.au/careers/refer-your-friends