Your new company
A Large Federal Government agency within the city, You'll work within the External Budgets Branch (the Branch) manages the department’s External Budget planning and delivery of key strategic documents, including the development and delivery of Portfolio Budget Statements (PBS), and Portfolio Additional Estimate Statements (PAES). The Branch manages strategic relationships with external partners and stakeholders who assist the department in delivering program outcomes.
Your new role
This job will allow you to perform a variety of tasks, these tasks will be inclusive of but not limited to;
- Preparation and maintenance of budget estimates within the Central Budget Management System (CBMS).
- Preparation of the Portfolio Budget Statements (including PAES and PSAES if required).
- Preparation of briefing material for the senior executive.
- Provide accurate and timely advice to the Department’s business areas and portfolio agencies in relation to external budget matters.
- Prepare budget related documentation and correspondence for the Department of Finance and the Department of Treasury on financial management and resource aspects of the portfolio.
- Work with the Department’s business areas as well as the portfolio entities to develop costings for new policy proposals.
- Management of an APS6 and an APS5
What you'll need to succeed
To be successful in this role, you must have relevant experience working within a Federal Government department. External budget experience with a good understanding of the Commonwealth budget process/ preparation of PBS and PAES, is a necessity as is CBMS/TM1 experience
You must also have good interpersonal skills and have a strong ability to handle high pressure situations.
This role is only open to Australian citizens.
What you'll get in return
You will receive an attractive contact with an option for a further extension. In conjunction to this, you will also receive a competitive pay rate and privilege of working in a large capacity work place.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Sarah Purdue on 0413590590 or email email@example.com for more information.
If this job isn't quite right for you though you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion and visit our website www.hays.com.au to review our current list of available positions.
LHS 297508 #2554727