About Our Client
The client is regarded as a global leader in their field. As part of the Finance and Business Services (F&BS) unit, the successful candidate will supports the strategic and operational goals by providing professional corporate financial management, administration, reporting and business services.
- Coordinate and significantly contribute to the preparation of the budget including internal budgets and periodic forecasts, taking a lead role in compiling supporting schedules, reports and commentary for presentation to the Executive, Finance Committee, Council and other internal stakeholders.
- Compile and distribute all budget materials, forms, templates, and necessary guidelines to support the annual budget and reporting cycle. Liaise closely with Senior Management and Portfolio and Service Division Directors to ensure all budgeting and reporting policies and procedures are continuously developed and maintained to ensure they are relevant and adhere to internal and external governance requirements
- Compile periodic reports on key financial metrics, targets and financial trends of the Industry's performance, analysing performance against targets, highlighting and commenting on unexpected variances
- Identify and analyse complex issues, problems, and opportunities employing a variety of techniques including but not limited to comparing data from multiple sources to draw conclusions, utilising effective approaches for choosing a course of action or appropriate solution and exercising judgement to take action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Develop complex financial models and costing exercises, providing sound, value-add financial advice as required to support special projects and strategic initiatives.
- Assist in the supervision of junior team members providing training, coaching and mentoring to support their performance development. This may include, at times, direct supervision of staff
- Oversee the maintenance of the general ledger and budgeting system, ensuring all approved changes to the organisational structure of the Industry are updated in relevant enterprise systems.
The Successful Applicant
- Progress towards relevant postgraduate tertiary accounting, financial or business qualification and demonstrated extensive relevant experience in a complex organisation. Membership or in the process of obtaining a professional institution, CPA or CA is required.
- Proven high-level financial budgeting, forecasting, modelling and reporting skills. This will include experience in working with complex financial management information systems and the proven ability to write, interpret and apply financial policies and procedures
- Demonstrated understanding of contemporary budgeting and management reporting practices with experience in and ability to provide senior management with strategic financial advice and concise,tailored, interpretative reports, which identify and analyse key elements of financial results.
- High-level financial modelling skills including demonstrated experience manipulating large data sets from multiple sources and using online data management systems. Proficiency using the MS Office suite including strong Excel skills is essential. Experience with TM1 or comparable budgeting and reporting systems, will be highly regarded.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills with proven ability to develop and maintain relationships and influence colleagues to deliver on programs of work within agreed timelines.
- Strong leadership skills with demonstrated ability to work collaboratively within a team to deliver on challenging objectives accurately with a focus on timeliness and quality.
What's on Offer
- Competitive Salary and Superannuation Package
- Significant opportunity to grow amongst world recognised finance leaders
- Unique rotation policy to establish greater finance skills
- Flexible working arrangements
- Distinctive work location with amazing staff amenities
- Changing dynamic team culture