Fitter and Turner
- 5 days per week plus more if desired
- Overtime available
- Ongoing position - Day & Afternoon Shift Available
- Start ASAP
$40 to $60 per hour + Super
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, you will:
Provide preventative and corrective/breakdown maintenance to improve the productive life of the Company's capital equipment, reduce critical equipment breakdown, and minimise production loss due to equipment failures.
- Ensure that site assets are routinely inspected, and failures caused by fatigue, neglect or normal wear are identified and repaired before they occur and before they develop into major defects.
- Perform maintenance, including tests, measurements, adjustments, parts replacement, lubricating, and cleaning of plant and equipment, to prevent faults occurring and to avoid any unscheduled breakdown and downtime.
- Fault find using technical manuals, diagrams and/or machine knowledge, and repair equipment before it causes multiple damage to other parts.
- Diagnose maintenance requirements and monitor performance.
- Provide engineering solutions for continuous improvements e.g. to improve design flaws on equipment and machinery.
- Help produce and implement SWIM's and Risk Assessment documents.
- Ensure sufficient stock levels are kept and assist to ensure that inventory is captured in the CMMS (MEX).
- Liaise with Contractors and assist with the coordination of onsite contracting work, including equipment.
You will need:
- Machinist or Fitter and Turner.
- Pneumatic-hydraulic experience (desirable)
- Restricted Electrical Licence (desirable)
- Driving Licence (desirable)
- Forklift licence (desirable)
- Food Manufacturing knowledge or relevant industry experience (desirable)
- EWP and Scissor lift Licences (desirable)
- Competent at basic oxy acetylene gas, and welding repairs.
- Basic machining skills.
- Experienced with compliance to HACCP quality systems & compliance with the requirements of GMP and SQF.
- Ability to develop Hazard Analysis and risk assessments on assigned jobs (Desired).
- Experience using CMMS (MEX preferred).
This is a great opportunity for experienced Maintenance Fitters with a "get it right, first time" attitude and a strong work ethic to expand the breadth of their experience and take the next step in their career with a business offering significant growth opportunities.
Please send your CV and remember to state your shift preference or call Melanie or Christine on 9717 9491