About the organisation
This privately owned leading multimodal logistics business is an organisation that is going through growth and transformation through organic and M&A activity, the intermodal division has five depots across the eastern seaboard and has an extensive loyal and growing customer base within the region.
About the role
With a new senior executive recently appointment to help drive improvement in operational performance and support the growth ambitions of the business, this business critical newly created role will manage and develop the commercial positions externally and internally for the division. This includes all aspects of the commercial development of the intermodal group across all sites, services and solutions offered, in conjunction with individual site directors. It includes but is not limited to, the development of major customer retention and development strategies, tender management and pricing, and the commercial development of the strategic direction.
Duties & responsibilities
- Manage a small commercial team across business development, key account management, pricing/tenders, and admin support
- Lead from the front at an executive level with regards to customer engagement activities - strategic BD & retention plans
- Build exceptional internal stakeholder relationship across the broader group businesses to offer complete supply chain solutions
- Raise brand awareness through strategic marketing initiatives
- Monitor and manage staff performance based on agreed measures and KPIs utilising appropriate performance management tools as required
- As part of the senior leadership, provide forecasting, board reports, budgeting, and general performance reporting for the division
- The successful candidate will be a senior hands-on commercial leader with a deep knowledge of the prevailing supply chain trends within the local domestic and export markets
- You will be a standout candidate should you have in-depth knowledge, networks and contacts within the fresh produce, grain, and cold chain domestic and exports markets
- Having the ability to flip between strategic and tactical initiatives with ease is a must
- Operational knowledge across intermodal solutions that supports import and export of customers perishable and standard products. Intermodal solutions include - warehousing, trucking (linehaul and containerised), depot and rail services
- An engaging and collaborative leader with a true passion for growth and delivering exceptional customer outcomes
- You will be commercially astute, have an eye for detail and deliver value in all customer engagement activities
- Join this leading financially secure business in a time of growth, acquisition, and transformation for the future
- This role forms part of a newly created leadership team and will play and active part in setting the growth strategy of the division
- Work with, and for a highly capable, pragmatic and support executive who is a people centric leader
- An attractive package is on offer for the right commercial business development leader that will be tailored to attract the best quality candidate in the market
How to apply
For further details please feel free to contact Terence Craig at Six Degrees Executive for a casual career discussion or click the "Apply" button to upload your resume for immediate consideration. Six Degrees are the retained recruitment partner on this assignment and any direct application will be referred to SDE for further consideration in the process.