Your new company
Your new company offers capability in through-life support, logistics, systems integration, and security. Operating from sites across the country in support of Defence and security customer, this company has an exciting opportunity for a Maintenance Production Lead to join their team based in Cairns to assist with the completion of one of their major projects.
Your new role
In your new role you will be responsible for maintaining a proactive and vigilant team safety culture to ensure Key Performance Indicators and System Health Indicators are achieved. Your responsibilities will include:
- Leading the Maintenance Production team to ensure the requirements associated with the Hydrographic Vessels’ maintenance availabilities are maintained
- Overseeing the action and close-out of EMP activities and ensure achievement of all Key Performance and System Health Indicators
- Liaising with multiple stakeholders to ensure production requirements are identified and scheduled for each maintenance availability
- Undertaking the management of daily production activities relating to EMP in support of the Principal Contractors Project Manager
- Delivering and supporting the Contract elements
- Participating in the ANP 3412 Stage gate process, in accordance with the MMP
- Assisting the Maintenance Planner in the development of the Annual Work Plan
- Maintaining scheduling, execution, optimisation, and reporting processes
- Assisting the Maintenance Manager in monitoring and reporting on allocated performance indicators
- Processing improvement (including use of Lean Six Sigma and similar tools)
- All other project related tasks as directed by the Maintenance Manager and HISS Management team are completed as required
What you'll need to succeed
To succeed in this position, alongside your experience in a similar role you will possess:
- Diploma of Engineering/ Maintenance Management/Project Management/Business Management or equivalent or demonstrated experience and knowledge in a similar operational/production role
- Experience and technical background in Electronic / Electrical / Mechanical systems preferably in a maritime environment
- Experience in conducting of engineering installation / maintenance / repair practices within a quality framework
- Prior experience in the supervision / management of Contractors and maintenance activities
- Experience in leading teams of technical specialists
- An understanding of Project Management methodologies including the use of Stage Gates and Exit Criteria
- Experience in Asset Maintenance Planning System (AMPS) or similar computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS) is highly desirable
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs including Microsoft Project is essential
- Demonstrated initiative and self-management skills to deliver outputs to time, quality and cost
- Ability to negotiate with and influence internal and/or external stakeholders to meet business needs
Please note Australian Citizenship is essential for this position as you will be required to have a Baseline security clearance.
What you'll get in return
In return, you will be offered a contract position based in Cairns. You will be working on exciting projects that are current while offering a competitive rate. You will have the opportunity to join a company firmly committed to ensuring a positive and professional working environment in which all people are treated with dignity and respect. To jump on-board with this excellent company, apply today!
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
LHS 297508 #2584727