Your new company
You will be working in Local Government with a highly experienced Traffic and Transport team.
Your new role
The project involves significant civil infrastructure renewal/augmentation and requires the candidate to work alongside (and report to) a similarly qualified Civil Engineer to share design review, construction (asset owner/stakeholder) oversight on installation of assets to ensure quality compliant assets are returned to clients at the end of the project.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Design and Construction follows the D&C Program of GoldLinQ. This is a contractual responsibility of the Principal Contractor. Key activities may include the ongoing design input into design works, compilation and transmittal of defects inspections at practical completion, and at the end of defects liability period of each package. Assessment of defect rectification and defect resolution with the State and contractors as required.
- PPP Design - review and provide technical commentary and coordinate stakeholder review to ensure standards and best practice are being incorporated into the design drawings.
- Construction Monitoring
-Daily (and ad-hoc) technical inspections of all returned assets and raising of issues (potential non-conformances) to the Independent Verifier / State for action and reaffirming / interpreting the application of design standards to the contractor. This may include coordination of the identification, salvage and storage of existing assets from the corridor.
-Assess works beyond the construction site and provide the PPP with approval (or otherwise) with site specific conditions
-Undertake preliminary inspection at handover of discreet zones and asset classes and compile a defects list for each asset and follow through the resolution of each defect until rectified.
-This will require ongoing liaison with the Independent Verifier, State and GoldlinQ and Asset Owners.
-A final inspection at the date of commissioning will be undertaken to ensure the satisfactory resolution of major defects and agreement of minor defects list yet to be rectified in the Defects Liability Period.
-The assets will then be handed over to the asset custodian by the Light Rail Implementation team via tailored QA process including the compilation, coordination and management of as-constructed information.
What you'll need to succeed
- Bachelor Degree of Civil Engineering or equivalent major infrastructure project experience
- Drivers licence class C unrestricted
- WHS Licence General Construction White Card
What you'll get in return
You will be working in a professional and interactive strategic team, you will be exposed to a diverse workload and be a part of a friendly and supportive working environment. This position is an immediate start, based on the beautiful Gold Coast and offering a competitive remuneration plus up to 12% employer superannuation contribution is on offer.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to Ella.Doyle@hays.com.au ,or call us now on 07 5526 4291.
LHS 297508 #2658568