Your new company
State government organisation with a strong focus on digital, data and design. Leader at creating services which put the customer at the centre of everything they do. Innovative and technology focused working environment.
Your new role
You will work as a Senior User Experience Designer (UX/UI) and will be responsible for leading the UX/UI design for our data products and public facing web applications. Collaborate with senior internal stakeholders and the broader communications team to obtain user feedback as inputs to your user experience design. Build storyboards to conceptualise designs to accurately convey project plans to Product Owners, the dev team and senior management.
What you'll need to succeed
• A minimum of two years UX and UI design experience in a senior capacity. Preference will be given to candidates
who have experience designing complex solutions for complete digital and data analytics environments.
• Be accustomed to Agile ways of working
• Expertise in standard UX software such as Sketch, InVision and the like is a must. Basic HTML skills are a plus
• Ability to work with clients and Product Owners to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet client needs and vision
• Extensive experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions
• Ability to iterate designs and solutions efficiently, intelligently and incorporating feedback
• Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and clients
• Ability to work effectively in a team setting including synthesising abstract ideas into concrete design implications
• Be excited about collaborating and communicating closely with teams and other stakeholders via a distributed model, to regularly deliver design solutions for approval
• Be passionate about resolving user pain points through great design
• Be passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation. Research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies
• Ask smart questions, take risks and champion new ideas
What you'll get in return
A 12 month contract opportunity with chance of becoming a rolling contract. Opportunity to work on projects which have a positive impact on the public across NSW. Flexible and supportive working environment.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
LHS 297508 #2597316