Goodstart is Australia’s largest early learning provider. As a not–for–profit social enterprise, we exist purely to improve the lives of Australia’s children and their families. Our people are our foundation, together we are working to ensure children have the learning, development and wellbeing outcomes they need for school and life.
Job description: Role: Teacher
Address: 207 Faithfull Street, Goulburn, 2580, NSW
Centre: Goodstart Goulburn
Employment Type: Full-time (40 hours + RDO), permanent
We’re Goodstart – a not-for-profit with a vision for Australia’s children to have the best possible start in life. At Goodstart, we’re all about laying the foundation for better lives through amazing early learning experiences, and we know that we can’t do that without great people like you!
From our centre directors to teachers and centre teams, we work together to make a real difference for children in those crucial early years. Safety, health and wellbeing are more than just words to us, they are a personal commitment and a promise we make to our children, our families and each other every day.
Goodstart Goulburn is in a quiet street, adjacent from the hospital and walking distance to the main street and local shops at Goulburn.
As a teacher at Goodstart Goulburn you will inspire a love of learning in children and foster their development through purposeful, intentional teaching practices that are delivered with creativity and energy. You will build meaningful relationships with families, so each child has a strong sense of belonging that supports them to thrive. Your love of teaching will be reflected in how you mentor and guide educational practices in your room, and in your work with the broader centre leadership team to develop, review, and implement high-quality early learning programs, to ensure you’re achieving optimal outcomes for children.
You’ll help achieve this by:
* Having passion and enthusiasm to lead a classroom effectively engaging with educators, families and children to implement the educational program
* Having extensive knowledge of the EYLF and understanding of the NQF/NQS
* Building relationships with the children and their families
* Building strong community relationships
* Building healthy relationships with your fellow educators
* Helping the centre to extend on their current excursion offering
What Goodstart can offer you:
* Competitive pay - you’ll get paid on par with state primary school teachers + super per hour with yearly increases
* Paid professional development - we offer a range of opportunities to grow your skills and your career
* Wellbeing focus - you’ll get two extra days off per year, and our dedicated wellbeing program will ensure you get the support you need, when you need it most
* Additional leave - you’ll have the option to purchase extra leave for even greater work life balance
* 4 weeks paid parental leave – increasing to 6 weeks from December 2023
* Retail and childcare discounts - you’ll save money on insurance, travel and technology, and get 50% discount off your childcare gap fees
You’ll also love:
* Centre support - dedicated support and guidance on a range of topics, such as safety, teaching and inclusion, delivered face to face or virtually by our centre support team
* Security and stability - with over 670 centres across Australia, you’ll have the support of a large network and the stability of a respected organisation
* Approved bachelor’s degree in early childhood education or ACECQA approved equivalent
* Valid Working With Children Check
* Up to date Professional Teachers Accreditation
* First Aid qualification
We review applications as they are submitted. We encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible for your best chance to progress to the next stage of the process.
Supporting our people and protecting our children
We are an equal opportunity employer that is proud of our inclusive and diverse work environment. We support and encourage individual growth and strong teams made up of Goodstarters from diverse cultures, backgrounds and experiences.
We are deeply committed to Reconciliation and creating an environment where Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People feel connected and a strong sense of belonging. By weaving Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander perspectives through all that we do, we aim to build knowledge and deeper cultural awareness and understanding of our First Nations people and culture for all.
Apply now to start your new journey and Teach with Goodstart Early Learning - Australia’s largest early learning provider and sector leader.
For more information, please contact Recruiter – Katya Reshetnikova email@example.com
To apply: https://goodstart-early-learning.contactrh.com/jobs/12217/39705739