Teacher – Armadale
Goodstart exists for children, not profit. Our people are our foundation, together we are working to ensure children have the learning, development and wellbeing outcomes they need for school and life.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic Teacher to develop programs and practices that are responsive to our children’s needs and aligned with the Early Years Learning Framework and National Quality Standard. You will be part of our supportive culture and have access to a qualified mentor to support your professional development and growth.
Meet your team
Goodstart Early Learning Armadale is a not for profit organisation. This means that the funds from the revenue raised goes back to supporting your child through better resources and training educators.
Our centre is licensed for 85 children aged from six weeks to five years. Our variety of rooms separate children into play areas with age appropriate furniture, activities and toys to assist in the development of skills such as social and emotional, physical, fine motor, cognitive and language skills.
- Assess children’s learning and development and apply pedagogical expertise to inform curriculum decisions
- Maintain and apply expert knowledge of the National Quality Framework
- Seek and share best practice examples to improve the education program
- Build and maintain strong, positive relationships with families, children and the centre team
- Model effective application of pedagogy in teaching practice
- Contribute to a professional and positive work culture
- Hold a Bachelor of Early Childhood or equivalent qualification (ACECQA approved)
- Hold a current TRBWA Registration
- Hold a current First Aid qualification
- Full time, permanent position - could be 4 days or 5 days whichever you prefer!
- The role will be based in the 3yr old Kindergarten room
- Rotating roster with flexible shifts with on site parking available, close to public transport
- Centre is running an indoor/outdoor program
- Plan innovative and engaging learning experiences
- Champion positive and meaningful relationships with children
What Goodstart can offer you
There are so many reasons to join the Goodstart family. Let’s start with the benefits!
- Teacher accreditation/registration - we offer state-specific support to help you through this process
- Competitive pay - you’ll get paid on par with state primary school teachers
- Paid professional development - we offer a range of opportunities to grow your skills and your career
- Wellbeing focus - you’ll get two extra days off per year, and our dedicated wellbeing program will ensure you get the support you need, when you need it most
- Additional leave - you’ll have the option to purchase extra leave for even greater work life balance
- 4 weeks paid parental leave – increasing to 6 weeks from December 2023
- Retail and childcare discounts - you’ll save money on insurance, travel and technology, and get 50% discount off your childcare gap fees
You’ll also love
- Centre support - dedicated support and guidance on a range of topics, such as safety, teaching and inclusion, delivered face to face or virtually by our centre support team
- Security and stability - with over 670 centres across Australia, you’ll have the support of a large network and the stability of a respected organisation
If you have a Bachelor of Early Childhood Education or ACECQA approved equivalent qualification, and experience in a similar role, then we want to meet you!
Goodstart is committed to child safety, with a zero tolerance of child abuse, and expect all our employees to reflect this commitment. Should you strive to uphold and reflect these values then we would love to hear from you!
To apply for the role please ‘Apply Now’ or to review the role PD please Click Here.
If you would like to find out more do not hesitate to contact Jenna Fennell on Jfennell@goodstart.com.au
Supporting our people and protecting our children
We are an equal opportunity employer that is proud of our inclusive and diverse work environment. We support and encourage individual growth and strong teams that are made up of many different cultures and backgrounds.
We are deeply committed to Reconciliation and creating an environment where Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People feel connected and a strong sense of belonging. By weaving Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander perspectives through all that we do, we aim to build knowledge and a deeper understanding of our First Nations People and culture for all in our team.