Teacher – Armadale
Goodstart is Australia’s largest early learning provider. As a not–for–profit social enterprise, we exist purely to improve the lives of Australia’s children and their families. Our people are our foundation, together we are working to ensure children have the learning, development and wellbeing outcomes they need for school and life.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic Teacher to develop programs and practices that are responsive to our children’s needs and aligned with the Early Years Learning Framework and National Quality Standard. You will be part of our supportive culture and have access to a qualified mentor to support your professional development and growth.
Goodstart Early Learning Armadale is a not for profit organisation. This means that the funds from the revenue raised goes back to supporting your child through better resources and training educators.
Our centre is licensed for 85 children aged from six weeks to five years. Our variety of rooms separate children into play areas with age appropriate furniture, activities and toys to assist in the development of skills such as social and emotional, physical, fine motor, cognitive and language skills.
- Assess children’s learning and development and apply pedagogical expertise to inform curriculum decisions
- Maintain and apply expert knowledge of the National Quality Framework
- Seek and share best practice examples to improve the education program
- Build and maintain strong, positive relationships with families, children and the centre team
- Model effective application of pedagogy in teaching practice
- Contribute to a professional and positive work culture
- Hold a Bachelor of Early Childhood or equivalent qualification (ACECQA approved)
- Hold a current TRBWA Registration
- Hold a current First Aid qualification
- Full time, permanent position commencing immediately
- The role will be based in the 3yr old Kindergarten room
- Rotating roster of 7.45am to 4.15pm & 9.30am to 6.00pm (negotiable)
- Centre is running an indoor/outdoor program
- Plan innovative and engaging learning experiences
- Champion positive and meaningful relationships with children
- Comprehensive induction and training program
- Dedicated programming time (3.5hrs every Monday)
- Access to a professional peer teacher mentor
- Professional pedagogical and operational centre support teams to assist you in providing high quality educational programs
- Competitive above award wages
- Quality teaching and Educational resources
- Professional development and networking
- Option to purchase additional annual leave
- Discounted child care fees
- Uniform allowance
If you have a Bachelor of Early Childhood Education or ACECQA approved equivalent qualification, and experience in a similar role, then we want to meet you!
Goodstart is committed to child safety, with a zero tolerance of child abuse, and expect all our employees to reflect this commitment. Should you strive to uphold and reflect these values then we would love to hear from you!
To apply for the role please ‘Apply Now’ or to review the role PD please Click Here.
For further information please contact Paul Newton on 08 9352 1301
Supporting our people and protecting our children
We are an equal opportunity employer that is proud of our inclusive and diverse work environment. We support and encourage individual growth and strong teams that are made up of many different cultures and backgrounds.
We are deeply committed to Reconciliation and creating an environment where Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People feel connected and a strong sense of belonging. By weaving Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander perspectives through all that we do, we aim to build knowledge and a deeper understanding of our First Nations People and culture for all in our team.