At Mineral Resources (MinRes) our team is full of big hitters who find value where others can’t. We’re agile, act fast and seize new opportunities to achieve exceptional, sustainable results.
Our ground-breaking Onslow Iron project, located at our Ashburton Hub, is a key part of our ambitious plans to substantially grow our iron ore footprint in the Pilbara. From a clean slate we’re building things from the ground up, providing a full pit-to-ship logistics solution with extraordinary infrastructure and first-of-its-kind innovation. This $2.4 billion project includes new port, stockyards, 150kms of the largest private road in WA, new dry process plant and two brand-new resort-style camps.
About the role
Reporting to the Construction Manager, as the Workshop Superintendent you’ll play a key role in moving this project into its Delivery Phase - encompassing early development work, mine site development, bulk ore transportation system, port works and mine processing plant.
This is a hands on position that will be closely involved with all project phases, functions and personnel.
This position is accountable for ensuring the execution of maintenance works on the project in a safe and cost effective manner. As well as the coordination and control of maintenance equipment and personnel to optimise output and progress of maintenance works within the cost parameters that have been established.
Your key responsibilities
- Ensure all maintenance staff is provided access to plant to maintain equipment in accordance with company policy and OEM recommendations.
- Communicate regularly with site and divisional staff on day to day business matters.
- Ensure that risk reduction controls are in place and regularly reviewed for safety, environmental and quality aspects of the project including providing advice on any identified commercial, contractual issues or conflict.
- Compliance with the management systems procedures for document control and control of management system records, ensuring policies and objectives are observed and met.
- Contribute to the monthly review of risk and opportunity analysis ensuring the scheduled deadlines are met.
- Provide relevant information to support all contractual and commercial variations.
- Ensure that hazards are identified, risks assessed and control measures are planned and implemented in consultation with relevant employees.
- Provide the work group with leadership, direction, and respect.
- Ensure that the company’s HR policies are complied with, support the staff development program and that the HR system is used to provide staff with feedback.
- Develop a clear understanding of the client’s current needs and forming open and honest relationships with employees and clients.
- Perform any additional tasks as directed which are within your skill, qualification, and competence level.
We’re looking for someone with proven hands on project delivery experience in a similar role, preferably within an iron ore project across a broad scope of disciplines.
What you will bring to the team
- Relevant trade qualification
- Minimum 5 years supervisory experience within the civil and mining industry.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in the civil and mining industry whilst practicing trade.
- Complete understanding of industry OH&S.
- Frontline Management Qualifications.
- Exposure to budgets and planning.
How we’ll reward you
We offer generous benefits including:
- Competitive salary - a package that recognises the skills, experience and value you bring to this key role
- Quarterly bonus - rewarding you with bonus payments throughout the year
- Generous share plan - share in our growth and success
- Discounts and offers - discounts and perks on travel, accommodation, retail, insurance and health
Ready for your next challenge? Make your mark on a growing company and build a legacy to be proud of at this iconic project. Apply now!
MinRes is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply