- Until July 29, 10am – 4pm Wednesday to Sunday, Gallery on Track, 2 Blackshaw Road, Goulburn. Telephone: 4822 7889
Each month Gallery on Track features a different exhibition, including Peter Collins, a wood work and sculpting artist, in July.
2017 Archibald Prize
- Until August 19, Goulburn Regional Art Gallery, corner Church and Bourke streets. Telephone: 4823 4494
A who's who of Australian culture, from politicians to celebrities and from sporting heroes to artists. The exhibition will be open weekends, noon – 4pm. Admission: $5 (children under 12 free).
PSM Rugby League Camp
- Thursday July 12, 9am – 2.30pm, North Park, Goulburn. Telephone: 1300 365 520
The clinic is run by Pacific Sports Management (PSM) for players aged 6 to 17 years to develop fundamental skills, showcase and identify elite junior players towards academy development. Costs: 6-8 years, $50; 9-12 years, $75; and 13-17 years, $100. All clinics include coaching, PSM t-shirt and hat or drink bottle. To sign up go to: signonday.com.au/listing/psm-camps
Parkside Community Markets
- Saturday July 14, 8.30am – 1.30pm, Montague Street. Telephone: 0477 258 006
A Goulburn Rotary Club Project held on the second Saturday each month. Food, flowers, and fantastic music by performers from the Goulburn Regional Conservatorium. Quality local arts, crafts and produce. Potential stall holders, buskers and community groups are encouraged to contact the organisers.
Marulan Book Exchange
- Saturday July 14, 10am – 1pm, Where: Marulan Memorial Hall, George Street. Telephone: 4823 4492
On the second Saturday of each month (excluding January), the Marulan Book Exchange is a community service (not for profit) for those who love to read but for one reason or another can no longer access the library or the library van. An enormous number of books, mainly fiction, some non-fiction, and as many newish books as possible. All books are $1, or swap for swap. Admission: free.
Amateur Boxing - Clash of the States
- Saturday July 14, 3pm, Veolia Arena, 47-131 Braidwood Road, Goulburn. Telephone: 0423 932 232
Family friendly entertainment with food, drinks, a bar and music. Amateur boxing attracts boxers and supporters from across NSW, ACT, VIC, TAS and SA. Ringside seats are available. Fights commence 4pm; final at 9.30pm. Entry: $35/$20 (under 5 years, free).
Faulty Towers - The Dining Experience
- Saturday July 14, 7.30pm – 11.30pm, Goulburn Workers Club, McKell Place. Book: 4821 3355
‘Basil’, ‘Sybil’ and ‘Manuel’ serve a three-course meal along with laughs. Tickets: $55, includes meal and show.
Devonshire Tea At Riversdale
- Sunday July 15, 10am – 2.30pm, Riversdale Historic Home, Twynam Drive, Goulburn. Telephone: 4821 4741 or 0409 953 859
$5 one scone and tea/coffee or $7 two scones, tea/coffee. House open 10am – 3pm. Entrance fee for house and garden: $8 adult, $5 concession; children under 10 and National Trust Members, free.
Windellama Country Markets
- Sunday July 15, 9am – 1pm, Windellama Hall and Grounds, intersection of Windellama and Oallen Ford roads. Telephone: 4844 5214
About 18 stalls selling but not limited to homemade jams and preserves, pre-loved toys and tools, locally produced honey, bric-a-brac, variety of plants, gourmet foods, wooden knick knacks and toys, skin care products and everything for the sewing enthusiast.
Goulburn Greyhound Race Meeting
- Tuesday July 17, Grace-Millsom Function Centre, 47 Braidwood Road Goulburn. Telephone: 4821 4465
Goulburn Greyhound Racing Club is the showpiece of greyhound racing in southern NSW with first class amenities, including a bar, kiosk, function rooms, and indoor betting pavilion.
Gullen Range Wind Farm and Gullen Solar Farm
- Tuesday July 17, 11.30am – 2pm, departs the corner of Goulburn and Spring streets, Crookwell. Telephone: 1800 509 711 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The tour is a great opportunity for the community to visit Australia's first hybrid wind and solar farm. See how a wind and solar farm works. Get up close to a wind turbine and a solar array. Find out more about renewable energy. Book early to avoid disappointment. Admission: The tour is free and complimentary light refreshments are available at the end of the tour.
Print Club 2018
- Saturday July 21, 10am – 3pm, Gallery on Track, 4 Blackshaw Road, Goulburn. Telephone: 0427 832 695
Art agent Barbara Nell can help develop your ideas and techniques to create an ongoing exploration of your creative work. July 21 is a focus on continuing Reduction Lino Printing. August 18, own projects; September 15, Exploring plant forms in print; October 20, Colouring techniques in relief printing; November 17 and December 1, Christmas/own projects printing. All workshops are held in the Crib Room at Gallery on Track.
Laggan Village Markets
- Saturday July 21, 10am – 2pm, Laggan Memorial Hall. Telephone: 4837 3244
Held on the third Saturday monthly (second Saturday in December), local markets with arts, crafts and produce, hot foods, drinks, and a chance to unwind and catch up.
Tarago Truffle Hunts
- July 21, 22, 29, 10.30am – 1.30pm, Tarago Truffles, Gap Hills, 173 Willandra Lane. Telephone: 4849 4605
Hosts Denzil, Anne and Matt Sturgiss with truffle dogs Dusty and Joker offer a unique experience of a 'hands on' truffle hunt during winter. Experience includes the truffle hunt, truffle tastings and an education session in The Truffle Shed. Cost: $80 adult, $20 children aged 6-16 years (children 5 and under, free).
Markets on Bourke
- Saturday July 28, 9am – 1pm, George Simes Memorial Scout Centre, corner of Bourke and Addison streets, Goulburn. Telephone: 0429 602 597
A variety of items; craft items, garden equipment, clothes, books, produce, tools, bric-a-brac, furniture, toys, plants all at low prices, on the fourth Saturday monthly (third Saturday in December).
MRA Round 5
- Saturday and Sunday, July 28-29, Wakefield Park Raceway, 4770 Braidwood Road, Goulburn. Telephone: 4822 2811
Race meeting will have about 160 cars over the 2 days competing in the following categories: Historic Touring Cars (Group N); Historic & Invited Touring Cars; Regularity; British Sports Car Series; Alfa/Veloce Racing Association; SuperTT; Pulsars; Excels; MX5 Cup; and Clubman Championship.