- Thursday August 9, 7.30pm tp 10.30pm, at the Goulburn Club, Market Street. Free entry. Queries: 4829 0262
Australian singer-songwriter whose original music crosses the genres of country, folk and rock n roll in a musical career spanning four decades.
Goulburn Greyhound Race Meeting
- On Thursday August 9, Grace-Millsom Function Centre, 47 Braidwood Road. Queries: 4821 4465
Goulburn Greyhound Racing Club is the showpiece of greyhound racing in southern NSW with first class amenities including a new elevated viewing area ensuring that every patron has an uninterrupted view.
Getting There - The Musical
- Friday August 10, 7pm; Saturday August 11, 7pm; Sunday August 12, 2pm; at Goulburn High School hall. Tickets: $25/$15.
The Rocky Hill Musical Theatre Company is proud to present the world premiere of the new musical Getting There. Created in Goulburn, Getting There is an old-fashioned musical which touches on themes of bullying, job insecurity and farmers being forced off the land. Featuring the songs of Pat and Geoff Drummond Getting There has a truly authentic Australian tone and should appeal to all ages.
Parkside Community Markets
- On Saturday August 11, 8.30am to 1.30pm, Montague Street. Queries: 0477 258 006
Held on the second Saturday monthly, featuring food, flowers and fantastic music by performers from the Goulburn Regional Conservatorium, with local arts, crafts and produce available. Potential Stall Holders, buskers and community groups are encouraged to contact the organisers. A Goulburn Rotary Club project.
The Marulan Art Exhibition
- On Saturday-Sunday August 11-12, 10am to 4pm, Marulan Memorial Hall, George Street. Admission: free.
The exhibition features works by Marulan and region artists, with exhibits changing on a quarterly basis. For artists wishing to exhibit, or for more information, please call Jill Wall on 0408 421 199.
Marulan Book Exchange
- Saturday August 11, 10am to 1pm, Marulan Memorial Hall, George Street. Queries: 4823 4492
Held the second Saturday monthly (except January), the Book Exchange is a community service (not for profit) for local residents who love to read but for one reason or another can no longer access the library or the library van. Mainly fiction, some non-fiction, and some children's books. All the books are $1, or swap for no cost.
Tarago Truffle Hunts
- August 12, 18, 19, 25, 26, 10.30am – 1.30pm, Tarago Truffles, Gap Hills, 173 Willandra Lane. Phone: 4849 4605
Hosts Denzil, Anne and Matt Sturgiss with truffle dogs Dusty and Joker offer a unique experience of a 'hands on' truffle hunt during winter. Experience includes the truffle hunt, truffle tastings and an education session in The Truffle Shed. Cost: $80 adult, $20 children aged 6-16 years.
Wollongong Welsh Choir Concert
- On Sunday August 12, 2pm, Saints Peter and Paul’s Old Cathedral, corner of Bourke and Verner streets, Goulburn. Admission: $15 at the door. Phone: 0428 790 378
The Wollongong Welsh Choir returns to Goulburn for another Sunday afternoon of song, sung in four parts and a repertoire mixed with sacred and secular, Welsh and English, traditional and popular. All welcome! See wollongongwelshchoir.org
Sunday Music Sessions
- On Sunday August 12, 1pm to 5pm, the Goulburn Club, Market Street. Free entry, bar open. Phone: 4821 2043
Take along your talents to join a friendly bunch to share some music and singing on the veranda or by the fire. Join in or just listen and enjoy. From 1pm, Australian sessions; from 3pm, veranda band Americana sessions.
Armistice: the end of the war to end all wars
- Sunday August 12, 2pm to 4pm, the Remembrance Museum, Mulwaree High School grounds, McDermott Drive. Admission by gold coin donation. Phone: 4821 2587
Militaria from the Iraq and Afghanistan conflicts right back to the New Zealand Maori War, fought in the mid-19th century. Acquisitions include battlefields relics (Gallipoli, France), prisoner of war relics (Hellfire Pass), uniforms, medals, ordnance, photos, diaries, flags, and personal effects.
Yarralaw Springs Wines Tastings & Tours
- Sunday August 12 and 19, 11am to 4pm, Yarralaw Springs Wines, 133 Mufffets Road, Quialigo. Telephone: 4844 7188
Spend some time this weekend in the beautiful surroundings of Yarralaw Springs Wines. Tours and wine tasting available in the Strawbale Winery, 15 minutes from Goulburn. Winery tours by the winemaker.
Sunday, 12 Aug 2018 9:00 AM
- Sunday August 12, 9am to 4pm, Wakefield Park, Braidwood Road, Goulburn. Spectators free. Phone: 4822 2811
Circuit Club was founded in 2003 with one goal in mind, to make motorsport accessible through trackdays. Diversity of cars, from a humble MX5 to a sensational AMG63CLK Black series and everything in between. Book via circuitclub.com.au/site/login
Johnny Cash Tribute - The Man in Black Lives On
- Sunday August 12, 3pm to 5pm, Goulburn Workers Club, 1 McKell Place. Tickets: $25. Queries: 4821 3355
Canadian born Dail Platz is an international artist with a unique background. He performed in the true honky-tonks and bars of North America for many years before making the move to Australia. As a multi-instrumentalist, Dail is at home on electric and acoustic Guitar, fiddle and banjo to name a few.
2017 Archibald Prize
- Until August 19, Goulburn Regional Art Gallery, corner Church and Bourke streets. Telephone: 4823 4494
A who's who of Australian culture, from politicians to celebrities and from sporting heroes to artists. The exhibition will be open weekends, noon – 4pm. Admission: $5 (children u12 free).
Bottoni Rinnovati – Vintage Italian Button Creativity
- On show until Sunday August 23, Gallery on Track, Blackshaw Road. Hours: Wednesday to Sunday, 10am to 4pm. Entry by donation welcome. Queries: 4822 7889
These buttons from Italy are far too unusual to stay hidden in nonna's button box or on the dusty shelves of a forgotten village button shop, and are such as might be found serving as an ornament for a ball gown, a bakelite brooch, or a mother of pearl necklace.