The Goulburn Workers Club Annual Art Prize
- On Thursday October 11, opening 6.30pm, until Sunday October 14, The Auditorium, Goulburn Workers Club, 1 McKell Place. Telephone: 4829 2300
The Goulburn and District Art Society and the Goulburn Workers Club host the Goulburn Workers Annual Art Prize for 2018 in the auditorium of the club, with works from artists from NSW and interstate, hundreds of paintings, miniatures, photography and prints. First prize is $1000 acquisitive. All works are for sale. Exhibition open Friday to Sunday, 10am to 5pm.
300 Years of Love Songs
- On Friday October 12, 7.30pm, Goulburn Regional Conservatorium. Telephone: 4821 8833
A very special concert of gorgeous vocal music presented by a highly skilled selection of regional singers who are coming together for this special "once only" concert! Featuring: Ed Suttle (Sydney Chamber Choir, Opera Australia), Belinda Montgomery (The Marais Project, Sydney Chamber Choir, Sydney Consort) and world-class accompanist John Martin, the program will span diverse works by Schubert, Purcell, Schumann, Novello, handel, Carr-Boyd and Sinatra among others!
Angus Murray at the Southern Railway Hotel
- On Friday October 12, 8:30pm, Southern Railway Hotel, free entry. Telephone: 4821 2498
Angus Murray, a solo artist from the Southern Highlands. As a composer and multi-instrumentalist on guitar, drums, piano and bass, his music possesses a wide range of influences which he executes so beautifully. Appealing to most age groups, he has already built up a fan base at the Southern Railway and we are so excited to have him back for 2018!
Classic Hits Live at the Goulburn Workers Arena
- On Saturday October 13, 3pm, Goulburn Workers Arena, $99 tickets. Telephone: 4821 3355
If you love ‘70s, ‘80s or ‘90s music, then head over to the Goulburn Workers Arena on Saturday as Forever Classic 2GN will present Classic Hits Live featuring a whole heap of stars. Ross Wilson, Glenn Shorrock, Pseudo Echo, 1927, The Radiators, Dragon, Mark Gabel of Choirboys, Matt Finish, Swanee and Grant Walmsley of The Screaming Jets will performing.
Goulburn Gloves Tournament
- On Saturday 13 October, 4pm, Veolia Arena. Admission: adults $30, senior/concession $20, 6-12-year-olds $20, under 5 free. Telephone: 0427 823 104
The Goulburn Gloves Tournament will be the first of an annual boxing tournament to be held in Goulburn Australia. Fighters from all states can nominate to compete. There will be 25 plus fights on the night varying from Juniors, Youth, Elite and Masters in both male and female divisions. This fight night will be sanctioned by boxing NSW and Combat Sports Authority.
Track Day Club
- On Sunday October 14, 9am to 4pm, Track Day Club. Admission: $265 per driver, $60 for the 2nd driver, $25 per passenger. Telephone: 0438 642 622
Experience the exhilaration of high-performance driving in your car with Track Day Club. Build confidence, improve driving skills, discover your cars potential, meet new people and most of all have fun. Everybody can be part of this exciting event on a motorsport circuit. From the novice to enthusiast through the professional, everyone is welcome. Track Day Club, weekend track days at Wakefield Park and Marulan MDTC it's an awesome day out!
- On Sunday October 14, 2.30pm to 4pm, St Peter & Paul Old Cathedral. Telephone: 0474 703 311
Come and enjoy this wonderful, moving performance by David Reccia Chynoweth on the 1890 Hill pipe organ, in the reverberant space of the St Peter & Paul Old Cathedral. Music will include Bach, Widor, Marchand, Boëllmann, Buxtehude, Handel and Mendelssohn. There will be a door collection at the end for the upkeep of the organ.
Carolyn Young Inhabiting the Woodlands; and ACO Virtual
- Until Saturday October 13 at Goulburn Regional Art Gallery, 184 Bourke Street. Main entrance from Chisholm Court off Church Street. Open weekdays 10am to 5pm; Saturday, 1pm to 4pm. Free entry. Telephone: 4823 4494
Building on Young's award winning 'Grassy Woodlands' series, Inhabiting the Woodlands re-imagines 19th century human experience in light of Australian mammals that have become vulnerable or extinct.
ACO Virtual is a world-first interactive installation that places visitors in the middle of a virtual orchestra to experience, conduct, isolate and play along.
The Marulan Art Exhibition
- On weekends, October 6-7, 13-14, 20-21, 27-28; 10am to 4pm Saturday and Sunday, at the Marulan Memorial Hall, George Street. Admission: free. Telephone: 0408 421 199
The exhibition features works by the Marulan artists, with exhibits changing on a quarterly basis. For artists wishing to exhibit, or for more information, please call Jill Wall on 0408 421 199 or email email@example.com
Armistice: the end of the war to end all wars
- On Sundays – October 7, 14, 21, 28 – 2pm to 4pm at Mulwaree High School Remembrance Museum, McDermott Drive, Goulburn. Entry: gold coin donation. Telephone: 4821 2587 or 4821 4499
The Remembrance Museum contains militaria from the Iraq and Afghanistan conflicts right back to the New Zealand Maori War, fought in the mid-19th century. Acquisitions include battlefields relics (Gallipoli, France), prisoner of war relics (Hellfire Pass), uniforms, medals, ordnance, photos, diaries, flags, and personal effects.
Gallery on Track Celebrates Steampunk!
- October 7 to 28, official opening this Sunday 3pm to 4pm, Gallery on Track, 2 Blackshaw Road, Goulburn. Admission free; donations welcome. Telephone: 4822 7889
The Goulburn Historic Waterworks will once again be the venue for the 2018 Steampunk Victoriana Fair, but this year it will be held over two days: October 20-21. To celebrate this Victoriana Fair, Gallery on Track has a display of Steampunk-inspired works. Opening hours, Wednesday to Sunday, 10am to 4pm.
While you're with us…
Did you know the Goulburn Post is now offering breaking news alerts and a weekly email newsletter? Keep up-to-date with all the local news: sign up here.