Richard Gilewitz at the Goulburn Club
- On Thursday, March 14, 7pm to 9pm, The Goulburn Club. Telephone: 0407240635
American fingerstyle wizard Richard Gilewitz is in town. The evening will be a 50 minute workshop aimed at strumming and fingerpicking techniques for both guitar and ukulele followed by a short break and a 60 minute concert. His concert performances spill over with unexpected turns of the funnies, thought-provoking takes on life on the road and tunes that propel the audience on a magical journey of sight and sound.
Conserving Two Treasures with Adam Godjin
- On Friday, March 15, 1pm to 2pm, Goulburn Regional Art Gallery. Telephone: 4823 4494
After careful conservation and cleaning, International Conservation Services discovered two works from the Moffitt Bequest are in fact, original Dutch paintings from early 17th Century. These two gems are hanging in 'Bustle' and are richly rendered paintings of every day life. Join Senior Conservation Manager, International Conservation Services, and former Goulburnite, Adam Godjin, to hear more about the fascinating discipline of conservation and his work on our two masterpieces.
Goulburn Comic Con
- On Saturday, March 16, 10am to 5pm, Veolia Arena. Telephone: 4823 4435
Goulburn Comic Con, a free festival presented by Goulburn Mulwaree Library, is a fantastic day jam-packed with all things comic and pop culture related for the whole family. The activities include cosplay competition, action reaction entertainment, workshops, stalls, Aussie NightMarkets and loads more.
Laggan Village Markets
- On Saturday, March 16, 10am to 1pm, Laggan Memorial Hall. Telephone: 4837 3244
The Laggan Village Markets are held on the 3rd Saturday of the month (2nd Saturday in December).
Windellama Country Markets
- On Sunday, March 17, 9am to 1pm, Windellama Hall and Grounds. Telephone: 4844 5214
There are regularly approximately 18 stalls selling but not limited to homemade jams and preserves, pre-loved toys and tools, locally produced honey, bric-a-brac, variety of plants, gourmet foods, wooden knick knacks and toys, skin care products and everything for the sewing enthusiasts. Home cooked hot food and refreshments are available, together with fabulous cupcakes and sweet slices.
Yarralaw Springs Wines
- On Sunday, March 17, 11am to 4pm, 133 Muffets Rd. Telephone: 4844 7188
Why not spend some time to relax in the beautiful surroundings of Yarralaw Springs Wines. Sample the estate grown classic varieties produced in the unique strawbale winery, using organic practices. Experience the cellar door ambience with tours and wine tasting available from 11am to 4pm in the Strawbale Winery, only 15 mins from Goulburn. Winery tours by the winemaker. Why not bring your picnic lunch and enjoys the views or call any day before coming out. We look forward to welcoming you!
Exhibition: The Aftermath of WWI
- On Sunday, March 17, 2pm to 4pm every Sunday and midday to 4pm on ANZAC day, Mulwaree High School Remembrance Museum. Admission: gold coin donation. Telephone: 4821 2587
The theme of the Great War centenary continues this year, with the focus on "Returning Troops, the Spanish Influenza Pandemic - the Aftermath of War". Because of the tyranny of distance and the lack of suitable transport ships, many service personnel were still arriving back in Australia well into the '20s. This is a new exhibition.
Sunday Music Sessions
- On Sunday, March 17, 1-5pm, Goulburn Club. Admission: free. Telephone: 4821 2043
Every Sunday, bring along your talents, come and join the friendly bunch to share some music and singing on the veranda or by the fire. Join in or come to listen and enjoy. The Australian sessions begin at 1pm followed by the Veranda band Americana sessions at 5pm.
Riversdale Biannual Car Boot Sale
- On Sunday, March 17, 9am to 2pm, Riversdale Homestead. Admission: $10 boot/trailer, lookers free. Telephone: 0408 490 252
The Riversdale Car Boot Sale takes place at the beautiful National Trust property, Riversdale Homestead. More than just a sale; Devonshire Teas, BBQ, house and garden tours & lovely potted plants available to purchase. Don't forget to visit the National Trust Shop!
- Until Sat Mar 16, 9am-5pm weekdays, 12-4pm Saturdays, Goulburn Regional Art Gallery, Bourke Street. Admission: free.
An exhibition presenting the breadth of the Gallery's permanent collection, unleashed en masse for the first time in its 37-year history. Beginning with The Moffitt Bequest in 1956, continuing to today, Goulburn Bustle features hundreds of works from the collection and has been curated by previous directors Jennifer Lamb, Jane Cush, and current director Gina Mobayed. There are only a few days left.
The Three Musketeers
- Until Saturday, March 23, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday at 7.30pm and 2pm on the final day, Lieder Theatre. Admission: $25 full price, $20 for seniors, $15 for Lieder Members. groups of 10 or more adults and concessions. Telephone: 4821 5066
The Lieder Theatre Company presents Ken Ludwig's swashbuckling romantic comedy 'The Three Musketeers', which opens on Wednesday, 6th March, as a fundraiser for the Teapot Club, hosted by The Goulburn Argyle Rotary Club (to raise support for local autistic children).
Georgian Glass: Colonial Style
- Until Sunday, April 28, 10am to 2pm on Mondays and Thursdays, Riversdale. Telephone: 4821 4741
The exhibition consists of over 40 pieces from the collection, including glasses, rummer glasses, jugs, serving ware and candlesticks.The collection highlights stylistic changes in English glass, driven by advances in technology and changes in the way people ate, drank and socialised. It surveys major changes in style and taste during the Georgian era,as well as the technology of glass making during this era.