- GIO Stadium, Battye Street, Bruce ACT. Telephone: 6256 6700. Web: giostadiumcanberra.com.au/events
Super Rugby: Brumbies vs Lions, April 13. Gates open 5.30pm; kick-off 7.45pm.
NRL: Raiders vs Parramatta Eels, April 14. Gates open 1.35pm; kick-off 6.10pm; and Raiders vs Brisbane Broncos, April 21. Gates open 11.30am; kick-off 4.05pm.
- April 14-18, 10am to 1pm daily, 217 Auburn Street (stall near Best & Less). Telephone: 4821 9303.
The kids will be kept entertained these Easter school holidays with a different free craft activity running each day across five days. Sunday, DIY Wooden Bunny Bag Tag; Monday, Colour-In Bunny Drawstring Bag; Tuesday, Colour Me Ipad Bag; Wednesday, DIY Bunny Ears; Thursday, DIY Masks.
- April 15-18, 22-24 and 26, 8.45am to 4.30pm each day, Avoca and Derwent streets. Telephone: 4822 2133. Web: pcycnsw.org.au/goulburn/school-holiday-activities
A vacation program for children aged 5 to 12 years. Gymnastics and free g freestyles; dance; cheers; acrobatics; rock climbing; Ninjoz and gymnastics; tumble, tramp and trapeze. Cost: $30 a day (pre-book) or $40 on the day if available. Bookings essential via website (above).
What's your story?
- Canberra Youth Theatre workshop for ages 7-12 years, Gorman Arts Centre, Batman Street, Braddon ACT. April 15-18, 9am-3pm. Cost: $409/$384. Email: email@example.com. Telephone: 6248 5057
Tutor Tracy Bourne will use drama games and exercises for a fun four day workshop to build confidence and fundamental skills in voice, movement, character and story.
- April 16, 11am to noon, Goulburn Mulwaree Library, 184/194 Bourke Street. Telephone: 4823 4435. Web: gmlibrary.com.au
A fun morning to celebrate Easter. Participants will create their own Easter crafts, including an Easter basket, and go on an Easter egg hunt around the Library. For children aged 3 years and over. Parents required to stay. Cost: $5. Bookings essential via gmlibrary.com.au
Family art tours
- National Gallery of Australia, King Edward Terrace, Barton ACT, April 16-27 inclusive.
Join a volunteer guide for a free family-friendly tour of the permanent collection and exhibitions. All ages (children to be accompanied). Family tours run daily at 11am for about 45 minutes.
- April 17-18, 10am to noon, Goulburn Regional Art Gallery, 184 Bourke Street. Telephone: 4823 4494. Web: goulburnregionalartgallery.com.au
Be inspired by the science-fantasy world of steampunk in the creation of cool and eclectic sculptures. Work with local artist Anna O'Neale, who will guide you in a mixed media approach to sculpture. Explore both traditional and non traditional sculpture media including clay, wire, toys, craft materials, found and repurposed materials. Cost: $40. Bookings essential via firstname.lastname@example.org
Youth Week Free BBQ
- Thursday April 18, noon to 4pm at Leggett Park, corner of Howard Boulevard and McDermott Drive. Free.
Join in celebrating youth of Goulburn through a fun youth and community festival. Free barbecue, live music, giant inflatables for all ages. Heaps of local services will be on site with interactive stalls and giveaways, as well as PCYC Goulburn running 'free g' work shops.
- April 24, 11am to noon, Goulburn Mulwaree Library, 184/194 Bourke Street. Telephone: 4823 4435. Web: gmlibrary.com.au
Gain an appreciation of the complexity of life in this fun workshop when the Library becomes a hands-on biology lab! Participants will learn about life cycles and basic relationships between plants and animals as they rove amongst the stations. This session is aimed for pre-schoolers aged 3 years and over. Parents required to stay. Cost: $5. Bookings essential via gmlibrary.com.au
- April 24, 2pm to 3pm, Goulburn Mulwaree Library, 184/194 Bourke Street. Telephone: 4823 4435. Web: gmlibrary.com.au
This workshop begins with an interactive science show to get children's minds started, followed by an introduction to the many hands on experiments that they can explore themselves! Participants will learn to investigate energy and use their senses to discover how the science activities and toys operate. For children 6 years and over. Cost: $5. Bookings essential via gmlibrary.com.au
- April 26, 10am to noon, Goulburn Regional Art Gallery, 184 Bourke Street. Telephone: 4823 4494. Web: goulburnregionalartgallery.com.au
Be inspired by the three photography exhibitions in the Gallery, in an exploration of the many possibilities of photomontage. Start by posing for the camera, miming every day tasks and movements. Combine your photos with images from a range of sources including magazines, children's books and the internet, to create a new and super crazy story featuring you! Cost: $25. Bookings essential via email@example.com
- Phillip Swimming & Ice Skating Centre, 1 Irving Street, Phillip ACT. Telephone: 6282 1660. Web: swimskate.com.au
Morning, afternoon and evening sessions on the rink, or check our what broomball is all about, plus a Friday Night Disco. Each session $20.
- Canberra International Sports and Aquatic Centre (CISAC), Canberra. Casual admission: Family swim (2 + 2) $22.60, or (2 + 3) $27.50; adult $7.50; conc/child $5.80; waterslide upgrade $4.50-$6.50; aquarobics $11-$13. Call 1300 11 LIME. Web: clublime.com.au
Olympic-size indoor pool, 41m waterslide and a whirlpool and leisure area to relax in.
Mirawarri art cart
- National Portrait Gallery, King Edward Terrace, Barton ACT, until Monday April 22, 11am-4pm. Free.
Create a #deadlyselfie with 'Mirawarri', a Walpiri Indigenous selfie and digital image-making app developed by the Warnayaka Art Centre with Gretta Louw and Sneakaway Studio.