The first round of the Dirt Action 2019 Amcross series was hosted by the Goulburn Motor Cycle Club over the weekend, and club president Richard Toparis hailed it as "the biggest one we've ever had".
The series features six clubs - Wagga, Cooma, Goulburn, Macarthur, ACT, and the Far South Coast - and each of the clubs hosts one event per year.
Goulburn normally hosts one of the last Amcross events of the year (the 2018 edition was held in September), but this year saw the schedule reshuffled.
With perfect conditions over the weekend and a strong turnout from competitors, Toparis said that it combined to make what he expects will be the most successful event of this year's series.
"I think everyone went away pretty happy," he said.
"The best round of the year was the first round this year, and it was in Goulburn, we're pretty proud of that. And we can safely say that before we even see rounds two to six."
There were 550 entrants in all of the categories across the two days, with most starting grids completely full.
"The quality of the riding was good," Toparis said.
"Definitely plenty of fast riders, good quality riding, and incident free, which was important too.
"We didn't have a helicopter this year, and we had an ambulance for a minor altercation on Saturday, but basically it was incident free and there was good racing."
The event began on Saturday with the junior racing, for competitors who were 16 or below, and the seniors raced on Sunday.
The event, as usual, was held at Lake Narranbulla, and Toparis thanked the Divall family for allowing the club to hold the event on their property once again.
"[We want to thank] Andy Divall and his family for allowing us to use the facility there," Toparis said.
"And I'd just like to thank the Goulburn Motor Cycle Club members that assisted in the lead-up to the race weekend and the running of the weekend.
"It was very successful and that's only due to the members, so that was great."
12 to 13yrs 85cc 2st to 150cc 4st
- First: 27 Burchell, Seth (102)
- Second: 23 Dennis, Byron (99)
- Third: 2 Mercuri, Vincenzo (90)
13 to 15yrs 100 to 150cc 2 stroke
- First: 202 Rossandich, Connor (102)
- Second: 253 Greenhalgh, Jake (99)
- Third: 199 Collins, Oscar (86)
13 to 15yrs 200 to 250cc 4 stroke
- First: 253 Greenhalgh, Jake (105)
- Second: 199 Collins, Oscar (92)
- Third: 9 Waldon, Blake (86)
14 to 15yrs 85cc 2st to 150cc 4st
- First: 250 Filmer, Jared 102
- Second: 250x Vella, William 99
- Third: 127 Mendham, Miller 90
2 Stroke 95 Onwards
- First: 86 White, Charlie (35)
- Second: 114 Sullivan, Jay (32)
- Third: 640x Welsh, Tyson (30)
2 Stroke Pre 95
- First: 44 Grant, Paul (35)
- Second: 37 Osullivan, Shane (32)
35 to 44yrs All Powers
- First: 44 Grant, Paul (95)
- Second: 26 Cunningham, Tim (92)
- Third: 28 Kehlet, Matthew (90)
7 to 8yrs 65cc 2st to 125cc 4st
- First: 125 Davy, Heath (105)
- Second: 123 White, Beau (94)
- Third: 212 Phillips, Tyler (90)
7 to 8yrs Div 2 50cc Auto
- First: 210 Reddy, Daniel 99
- Second: 211x Reddy, Lochlainn 92
- Third: 28x Rossiter, Rafael 81
9 to 11yrs 65cc 2st to 125cc 4st
- First: 299 Jones, Ryan (100)
- Second: 191 Nowland, Marcus (96)
- Third: 174 Leach, Koby (89)
9 to 11yrs 85cc 2st to 125cc 4st
- First: 227 Manson, Finley (102)
- Second: 267 Rossandich, Kynan (99)
- Third: 191 Nowland, Marcus (86)
C Grade Open
- First: 34 Hurley, Darren (100)
- Second: 63 Bernard, Matthew (95)
- Third: 16 Raso, Thomas (90)
Group 1 All Powers
- First: 111 Dean, Brent (102)
- Second: 86 White, Charlie (93)
- Third: 809 Godfrey, Liam (79)
Group 2 All Powers
- First: 225 Lavis, Tom (105)
- Second: 309 Hogan, Ben (96)
- Third: 598 Res, Adam (88)
Ladies C Grade All Powers
- First: 782 Tasker, Kirsten (105)
- Second: 81 Gavel, Sophie (88)
- Third: 28 Collins, Sarah (86)
Over 19yrs ABC Lites to 250cc
- First: 172 Moore, Jordan (95)
- Second: 13 Clarke, Sam (95)
- Third: 224 Luff, Bradley (92)
- First: 454 Furtner, Jason (105)
- Second: 961 Curley, Jeff (92)
- Third: 7 Toparis, Richard (90)
- First: 4 Horton, Kevin (105)
- Second: 61 Crump, James (96)
- Third: 805 Moore, John (88)
Parents All Powers
- First: 515 Dunne, Nicholas (105)
- Second: 110 Peterson, Christopher (96)
- Third: 17 Waldon, Adam (88)
U19yrs ABC Lites to 250cc
- First: 149 Stock, Benjamin (102)
- Second: 38 Smith, Bailey (99)
- Third: 207 Drayton, Brodie (82)
Full results are available here.
While you're with us...
Did you know the Goulburn Post is now offering breaking news alerts and a weekly email newsletter? Keep up-to-date with all the local news: sign up here.