A Musical, Do you hear the Lieder sing, Again!
- Friday, August 16 to Saturday, August 24, Lieder Theatre. Admission: $25 Adult, $20 Seniors, $15 Lieder Theatre members, groups of 10+ adults and concessions, $10 u12. Telephone: 0427 180 627
The show will include 25 songs from musicals like Oklahoma, Dirty Dancing, The Sound of Music, Priscilla, Mamma Mia, The Lion King and many more. The Youth Theatre will perform "Do Re Mi" from The Sound of Music and Kids from Bye Bye Birdie while the whole company are kept constantly busy throughout with songs like "You Can't Stop the Beat" from Hairspray and "Children will Listen" from Into the Woods.
Laggan Village Markets
- On Saturday, August 17, 9am to 1pm, Laggan Memorial Hall. Admission: free. Telephone: 4837 3244
The Laggan Village Markets are held on the 3rd Saturday of the month (2nd in December). Enjoy a Devonshire Tea or BBQ by 'the boys'. Lots of great local produce and arts and crafts.
NSW Skill Acquisition Program
- On Sunday, August 18, 8.30am, Cookbundoon. Telephone: 0429 307 327
The Skill Acquisition Program SAP is hosted across NSW, Associations bring the talented players together to help further develop the future Socceroos and Matildas. The event is for talented players, both boys and girls aged from 8 to 12. The Goulburn Mulwaree benefits from increase visitors to town as teams travel form across NSW to participant. as well as give our local players the opportunity to test themselves against players from across the state. Full canteen facilities will be available on the day.
Yarralaw Springs Wines
- On Sunday, August 18, 11am to 4pm, 133 Muffets Road. Telephone: 4844 7188
Spend some time to relax in the beautiful surroundings of Yarralaw Springs Wines. Sample the estate grown classic varieties produced in the unique strawbale winery, using organic practices. Experience the cellar door ambience with tours and wine tasting available from 11am to 4pm in the Strawbale Winery, only 15 mins from Goulburn. Winery tours by the winemaker. Why not bring your picnic lunch and enjoys the views or call any day before coming out.
Rowan Conroy - Sightseeing
- Until Saturday, September 7, 9am-5pm weekdays, 12pm to 4pm Saturdays, closed Sundays and public holidays, Goulburn Regional Art Gallery. Admission: free. Telephone: 4823 4494.
Exploring the effect of rephotographing iconic locations, Rowan Conroy points to the tradition and technology of his medium as reflective and self- conscious. 'Sightseeing' will present a breadth of the artist's work from over a decade of practice. Conroy was awarded the Create NSW Regional Arts Fellowship in 2017.
Fighting Fit, Food Wise
- On Tuesdays and Thursdays until September 26, 4pm, PCYC Goulburn. Admission: free. Telephone: 0436 812 294.
Join Fighting Fit, Food Wise - a ten week group program for young people aged 12-18 years. A 10 week fitness nutrition program will be held during the school term and will target disadvantaged young people and their families. Participants will be supported by a Personal Trainer who will also design a fitness program they can maintain beyond the classes and parents will be encouraged to attend the nutrition workshops. These workshops will demonstrate how easy it is to eat tasty, healthy food on a budget.
Tarago Truffle Hunts
- On Saturdays until August 31, 10.30am to 1.30pm, Tarago Truffles. Admission: $80 for adults, $20 for children, U6 free. Telephone: 4849 4605.
Your hosts, Denzil, Anne and Matt Sturgiss with truffle dogs, Dusty and Joker, offer a unique experience of a 'hands on' truffle hunt during winter. Hunt with the harvesters and truffle dogs and 'get down and dirty' as you help dig for the elusive fabled fungi from under the trees. Your experience includes the truffle hunt, truffle tastings and an education session in The Truffle Shed. Bookings restricted to 24 per hunt. Each harvester and dog will work with 12 people to ensure a more personal experience.
Truffle Hunt and Tasting
- On winter weekends, from 10am, L'Air du Wombat Truffles. Admission: $75. U12 $35 with full paying accompanying adult. Telephone: 0408 478 448
Your guide will explain everything you want to know about truffles, the farm and how we started. Numbers are limited to 24 so bookings are essential. Arrive at least 15 minutes prior. Parking is on the property. This is a walking tour outside on our rural 10 acre truffiere so bring closed-in shoes along with appropriate warm winter clothing. Umbrellas may also be an idea.
- On Saturdays, 8am, Marsden Weir Park. Admission: free.
Goulburn Parkrun is a free, weekly, 5km timed run open to all ages and abilities. Please register before your first run and don't forget to bring a printed copy of your barcode if you want to be timed! We all run for enjoyment so come along and join in the fun, whatever your pace! Every week we grab a post run coffee in the Greengrocer cafe at 37 Clifford Street.
Sunday Music Sessions
- On Sunday August 11, 1pm to 5pm at the Goulburn Club, 19 Market Street. Telephone: 4821 2043. Admission: free.
Join a friendly bunch to share some music and singing on the veranda or by the fire. Join in. listen and enjoy. 1pm, Australiana; 3pm, Americana. On every Sunday.
Aftermath of WWI
- On Sunday August 11, 2pm to 4pm, Mulwaree High School Remembrance Museum, McDermott Drive. Telephone: 4821 2587. Admission: Gold coin donation.
The Remembrance Museum contains militaria from the Iraq and Afghanistan conflicts right back to the New Zealand Maori War, fought in the mid-19th century. The theme focuses on returning troops, the Spanish influenza pandemic: 'the aftermath of war'.
- On Sundays until August 25, 3pm, Gallery on Track. Admission: free. Telephone: 4822 7889.
Join us for the official opening of Denim Do-Overs. You'll be amazed at the creativeness of local artisans when they are given a particular medium with which to work - in this case denim. A varied and fascinating display of all sorts of items created by Gallery on Track members using recycled denim, this exhibition is must to come and see.
Did you know the Goulburn Post is now offering breaking news alerts and a weekly email newsletter? Keep up-to-date with all the local news: sign up below.