NBN Co continues to work hard to restore Internet services in Goulburn after an outage that affected many in the city's north.
Many took to social media to blast the NBN and Telstra for the outage, which was caused by a cable being cut, an NBN spokesperson said this morning.
"There is and outage in Goulburn following a cable cut by a third party yesterday," the NBN Co spokesperson said.
"We are working to restore approximately 1500 NBN services after a fibre cable was cut by third party excavation works in the area yesterday.
"Technicians arrived onsite yesterday to begin repairs and continued to work throughout the night to restore services. Approximately 50 per cent of services are now back online.
"Due to the nature of the works required to replace the cable, technicians will continue to work throughout the day to restore the remaining services.
"We apologise for the inconvenience this has caused and aim to have services up and running as soon as possible."
There were earlier reports on social media that the outage had been caused by a car crashing into and NBN Node, but these reports have since been refuted by the NBN.
The NBN Co Spokesperson said they are the wholesaler and that the service provider should be the direct contact point for residents and businesses.
"It's important that any concerns or queries should be directed to your provider in the first instance," the NBN Co spokesperson said.
On Wednesday, Telstra general manager for Southern NSW Chris Taylor said he was aware of the issue and was in contact with NBN to ensure that services are up and running as soon as possible.
"We are asking anyone impacted to ring and report it with their service provider," Mr Taylor said.
"That way, we can ensure their services are reconnected if they are with Telstra."
Support local news and get full access to the website by subscribing here.