What an incredible few months: severe drought, wild winds, horrendous bushfires, finally beautiful rain (coupled with floods) and now a pandemic!
Towrang Rural Fire Brigade has advised that the following functions have been cancelled following advice from NSW Rural Fire Service:
- The general meeting that was to have been held on Friday April 3; and
- The thank you BBQ planned for Saturday April 4.
The annual general meeting will proceed as scheduled below.
Advance notification that Towrang Rural Fire Brigade will be holding its annual general meeting on Friday May 8 commencing at 7.30pm at the Towrang Fire Station, 498 Towrang Road. All positions will be declared vacant. Nominations for eligible positions to be in writing to the secretary via firstname.lastname@example.org. A quick general meeting will be held immediately after the AGM.
End of Bushfire Season
Officially this ends on Tuesday March 31. After this time, permits are not required to do hazard reduction burning off, unless there is a change of date (check out the NSW RFS website for updates). However (as stated before), you do need to notify Yass Fire Control Office on 6226 3100, you do need to notify the Brigade on 0438 429 871 (preferably beforehand and definitely before you light up) and you do need to notify your neighbours (24 hours before you light up). Pay attention to the weather conditions: check the wind direction and speed and if there is any doubt, don't light that fire. If you require any information or advice, ring the duty mobile phone number above or send an email to email@example.com and we will be in touch.
Sixty family and friends travelled from Brisbane, Adelaide, Melbourne and various parts of NSW to celebrate the wedding of Allison Burman and Nicholas Scholar on Saturday February 29 at Goolabri, Sutton. The ceremony was held in the Garden Room Chapel and then the guests assembled at The Wren for a fantastic meal.
Thank you to the council
Thank you very much to Goulburn Mulwaree Council for your prompt clean-up response to resident's phone calls regarding the rubbish that was dumped last month on Carrick Road. It is very much appreciated.
Also appreciated was the lawn-mowing around the Towrang Hall, fire station and along the road. It makes a huge difference to the look of the village area.
Don't forget to turn your clocks back one hour before you retire for the night on Saturday April 4, the time will change at 3am Sunday morning.
- Sunday March 22: Church service, St John's Anglican Church Towrang, 1pm
- Friday March 27: Towrang Tavern, Towrang Hall, 6.30pm
- Tuesday March 31: End of bushfire season 2019/2020
- Sunday April 5: End of Daylight Saving
- Friday April 10-Sunday April 26: School holidays
- Friday April 24: Towrang Tavern, Towrang Hall, 6.30pm
- Saturday April 25: Anzac Day
- Sunday April 26: Church service, St John's Anglican Church Towrang, 1pm
- Friday May 8: Towrang Rural Fire Brigade AGM, Towrang Fire Station, 7.30pm