Damaged by the wild weather, a popular Highlands campground is out of action.
A popular attraction and a great way to get the kids outdoors during school holidays won't be available for some time.
Read Further:COVID-19 impact survey for businesses in the region
Senior public affairs officer for environment, energy and science, Ms Sarah Scroope said the wild weather has taken its toll on the campground.
"The campground is currently closed due to damage from the bushfires and flooding," Ms Scroope said.
"Flooding caused widespread damage to the area, including the campground as well as to management buildings and facilities.
"Significant debris was also washed into the cave network."
The timetable for the repairs to finish is unknown, but there are excellent surrounding substitute areas if you want to get the kids in the great outdoors.
"Work is underway to restore the area, however this is expected to take some time," Ms Scroope said.
"All camping in NSW national parks requires a booking. To prepare for your camping trip, read these camping safety tips."
Ms Scroope said some wonderful local suggestions are:
- Bungonia National Park (near Goulburn)
- Green Track:www.nationalparks.nsw.gov.au/things-to-do/walking-tracks/green-track
- Bungonia campground: www.nationalparks.nsw.gov.au/camping-and-accommodation/campgrounds/bungonia-campground
- Morton National Park (Southern Highlands area)
- Belmore Falls walking track:www.nationalparks.nsw.gov.au/things-to-do/walking-tracks/belmore-falls-walking-track
- East Rim Wildflower walking track: www.nationalparks.nsw.gov.au/things-to-do/walking-tracks/east-rim-and-wildflower-walking-tracks
- Gambells Rest campground:www.nationalparks.nsw.gov.au/camping-and-accommodation/campgrounds/gambells-rest-campground
Did you know the Goulburn Post is now offering breaking news alerts and a weekly email newsletter? Keep up-to-date with all the local news: sign up below.