The Lambert Karate Dojo and Family Fitness Centre has kicked the competition at the 2020 Business 2580 Awards.
The Business 2580 Awards were run by the Goulburn Chamber of Commerce. Due to COVID-19 restrictions this year's awards were conducted via Facebook with 'likes' counting as votes for local businesses.
More than 270 businesses were acknowledged and nearly 50,000 likes counted to name the winners.
Lambert Karate Dojo took out Best in Show and was named the region's best health, fitness and well being provider. The Personnel Group took out second place while Evolution Trophies came in third.
Sensei David Lambert Jr said the win was a big boost for the business.
Lambert Karate Dojo will celebrate 40 years of spreading their passion for martial arts next year.
Mr Lambert said the business was like a family and he felt grateful everyone had gotten behind them.
"We do make a positive contribution to the community," he said.
The Sensei said people who had attended classes 10 years ago had gotten into contact to congratulate them on the win.
"We try to be humble in karate but it's a big pat on the back," he said.
"Karate is about discipline, respect and appreciating your fellow human."
The awards consisted of 12 categories and Best in Show. The winners were:
- Best in Show - Lambert Karate Dojo and Family Fitness Centre
- Best Restaurant, Diner, Cafe or Takeaway - McDonald's North
- Best Hairdresser or Beautician - Stay Sharp Barber Shop
- Best Pub or Club - Goulburn Soldiers Club
- Best Retail Shop - Evolution Trophies and Apparel
- Best Automotive Business - Charnock Motors
- Best Trade Business - JDY Electrical
- Best Real Estate, Housing or Development - Ray White Goulburn
- Best Business Services - CNR Insurance Brokers
- Best Training and Learning - Goodstart Early Learning Goulburn
- Best Entertainment and Media - Eagle FM 93.5
- Best Health, Fitness and Well being - Lambert Karate Dojo and Family Fitness Centre
- Best Community Services - The Personnel Group
Winners received a trophy, a Business 2580 Awards winner sticker, an advertising package from Radio Goulburn, a coffee machine and 12-months membership to the Goulburn Chamber of Commerce.
Did you know the Goulburn Post is now offering breaking news alerts and a weekly email newsletter? Keep up-to-date with all the local news: sign up below.