Perfect conditions greeted the Goulburn High School students who took part in last week's Cross Country event.
Beginning at Seiffert Oval, students from across year groups were required to run a course which wound through Victoria Park.
With its steep slant and various winding paths, it proved a challenging course and the kids pushed themselves hard to record strong results.
In the most recent newsletter, GHS said the event itself was "fantastic", while the students' efforts were "amazing".
The winning house on the day was Southwell on 127 points, which was followed by Taylor on 98, Lumsden on 85, and Knopp on 61.
The champions of each age group on the day were:
- 12 years: Jonte M. and Violet O.
- 13 years : Josh A. and Ava M.
- 14 years : Jack B. and Keeley M.
- 15 years : Lachlan C. and Makayla E.
- 16 years : Ava H. and Edward T.
- 17 years : Bradley R. and Becky F.
- 18 years : Lachlan H., Emily M., and Georgia S.
It was also a successful week for the Goulburn High School boys' zone tennis team, which finished third after recording round wins over Karabar and Yass.
While you're with us...
Did you know the Goulburn Post is now offering breaking news alerts and a weekly email newsletter? Keep up-to-date with all the local news: sign up here.