A person from Melbourne who has tested positive for COVID-19 visited Goulburn and the South Coast while they were potentially infectious, prompting renewed calls for people to remain vigilant to coronavirus symptoms.
NSW Health updated its list of exposure sites on Tuesday night, including locations in Goulburn, Jervis Bay, Hyams Beach and Vincentia.
"Anyone who lives in Jervis Bay, or has visited Jervis Bay since May 22, is asked to be especially vigilant for the onset of even the mildest of cold-like symptoms, and is urged to come forward immediately if they appear, then isolate until a negative result is received," NSW Health said.
"Additionally, anyone who has recently had symptoms should also get tested."
The person with COVID-19 visited the following locations:
- Shell Coles Express Big Merino, Goulburn - 10.00 to 11.30am, Monday, May 24
- Trapper's Bakery, Sowerby Street, Goulburn - 10.30am to 11.30am, Monday, May 24
- Crooked Goose Cafe (formerly Hyams Beach Cafe), 76 Cyrus Street, Hyams Beach - 10.00am to 12pm, Sunday, May 23
- Green Patch campground, Booderee National Park, Village Bay Road, Jervis Bay - all day Sunday, May 23 and to 9am, Monday, May 24
- Coles Vincentia Shopping Village, 21 The Wool Road, Vincentia - 12pm to 1pm, Sunday, May 23
NSW Health said it was in the process of finalising a pop-up drive-through clinic in Huskisson, which will open Wednesday, while existing testing clinics will have extended services.
The positive case was tested yesterday after experiencing the onset of symptoms last Tuesday, a day after driving back to Melbourne last Monday, before Victoria's stay-at-home measures took effect on Thursday.
NSW Health said the list of exposure sites could grow.
There are now 54 active COVID-19 cases in Victoria, which looks set to extend its fourth lockdown in an effort to contain the fresh outbreak that was sparked by a virus leak from hotel quarantine in South Australia.
More than 270 exposure sites have been identified in the state, with concern growing the strain of COVID-19 in the community is highly virulent and easily passed on.