Residents across the Highlands are on high alert as two venues in Mittagong were added to the growing Covid-19 exposure list, and virus fragments were found in Moss Vale's sewage treatment plant.
NSW Health's ongoing sewage surveillance program detected fragments of the Covid-19 virus at the sewage treatment plant in Moss Vale on July 22. The sewage treatment plant services 9000 residents.
There are currently no known cases of Covid-19 in Moss Vale. Residents in Moss Vale are urged to be extra vigilant and get tested at the onset of even the mildest symptoms.
Anyone who attended Station Coffee House or Mittagong Cakes and Pies on Wednesday, July 21 between 6:30 am to 8 am is considered a casual contact and must get tested immediately and isolate until a negative test is received.
Station Coffee House and Mittagong Cakes and Pies were contacted for comment.
According to the NSW Health website, there are no new cases of Covid-19 in the Highlands. The Southern Highland News previously reported two cases in the Southern Highland News, a doctor in Burradoo and a case in Mittagong.
Across NSW there were 163 cases of Covid-19 reported overnight, with more than 93,000 covid-19 tests conducted as of July 23, 8 pm.
South Western Sydney Local Health District has urged anyone feeling unwell even with the mildest of symptoms such as a runny nose, scratchy or sore throat, cough, fever, shortness of breath, headache, tiredness, loss of taste or smell, nausea, diarrhoea or muscle aches - to self-isolate and seek Covid-19 testing.
To help stop the spread of Covid-19:
- If you are unwell, get tested and isolate right away - don't delay.
- Wash your hands regularly. Take hand sanitiser with you when you go out.
- Keep your distance. Leave 1.5 metres between yourself and others.
- Wear a mask at indoor venues, especially if you can't physically distance
There are two Covid-19 testing locations in the Southern Highlands.
- Bowral and District Hospital. Open 8:30 am to 5 pm, seven days a week. Appointments are not required. Entry is from Ascot Road.
- Mittagong Respiratory Clinic. Open 8 am to 5 pm, seven days a week. Appointments required, call 4800 9032. The clinic is located in the lower level of Mittagong Health Care Centre.
There are several Covid-19 testing clinics across Goulburn.
- Goulburn Base Hospital and Health Service 130 Goldsmith St, Goulburn.Entry through the 'old' main entrance at Goulburn Base Hospital. Monday - Friday 9 am - 3 pm. Saturday and Sunday 9 am - 1 pm. Times above reflect extended hours due to increased demand.
- Goulburn drive-through Seiffert Oval, Goulburn. Monday to Friday 8 am - 5 pm. Saturday and Sunday 8 am - 1.30 pm.
- Goulburn Capital Pathology 127 Bourke Street, Goulburn. The rear of 127 Bourke Street enter via McNaught street between Vivid Smiles Dentist and RSM Accountants, follow the street around until the end. Appointments are not required. Monday - Friday 8:00 am to 4:30 pm. Closed on Saturday and Sunday.