Regional restrictions in the Southern Tablelands and Highlands will be in place for a further four weeks, in line with the latest lockdown restrictions announced by NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian.
Currently, there are zero new Covid-19 cases in the Southern Highlands or Goulburn. There have also been zero recent venues of concern in either region.
Despite the positive news, residents across Goulburn and Southern Highlands are urged to remain vigilant, get tested at the onset of symptoms and follow all current regional restrictions.
It was previously reported that a man from Goulburn had tested positive, however, it was confirmed that he was not in the region and is currently in isolation.
A doctor and his wife in the Southern Highlands also tested positive for Covid-19. They have been in isolation.
Fragments of the Covid-19 virus continues to be found in the Moss Vale sewage treatment plant.
Read also: Addicus feline fine amongst adopted siblings
Southern Highlands Division of General Practice spokesman Dr Vince Roche previously told the Southern Highland Newsthat the virus fragments were a "genuine cause for concern."
"Covid-19 can be detected for up to eight weeks after infection," he said.
"It could be someone no longer infectious."
There are no known cases of Covid-19 in Moss Vale.
Residents are urged to get tested if they have even the mildest of symptoms such as a runny nose, scratchy or sore throat, cough, fever, shortness of breath, headache, tiredness, loss of taste or smell, nausea, diarrhoea or muscle aches - to self-isolate and seek Covid-19 testing.
To help stop the spread of COVID-19:
- If you are unwell, get tested and isolate right away - don't delay.
- Wash your hands regularly. Take hand sanitiser with you when you go out.
- Keep your distance. Leave 1.5 metres between yourself and others.
- Wear a mask at indoor venues, especially if you can't physically distance
For a list of testing clinics in the Southern NSW Local Health District Area go to: https://www.snswlhd.health.nsw.gov.au/our-services/infectious-disease/covid-19
There are several Covid-19 testing clinics across Goulburn.
- Goulburn Base Hospital and Health Service 130 Goldsmith St, Goulburn.Entry through the 'old' main entrance at Goulburn Base Hospital. Monday - Friday 9 am - 3 pm. Saturday and Sunday 9 am - 1 pm. Times above reflect extended hours due to increased demand.
- Goulburn drive-through Seiffert Oval, Goulburn. Monday to Friday 8 am - 5 pm. Saturday and Sunday 8 am - 1.30 pm.
- Goulburn Capital Pathology 127 Bourke Street, Goulburn. The rear of 127 Bourke Street enter via McNaught street between Vivid Smiles Dentist and RSM Accountants, follow the street around until the end. Appointments are not required. Monday - Friday 8:00 am to 4:30 pm. Closed on Saturday and Sunday.
There are two Covid-19 testing locations in the Southern Highlands.
- Bowral and District Hospital. Open 8:30 am to 5 pm, seven days a week. Appointments are not required. Entry is from Ascot Road.
- Mittagong Respiratory Clinic. Open 8 am to 5 pm, seven days a week. Appointments required, call 4800 9032. The clinic is located in the lower level of Mittagong Health Care Centre.