Four more Tasmanian public sector employees have been stood down over contemporary and historical child sexual abuse allegations.
Premier Peter Gutwein made the announcement in Parliament on Wednesday, taking the number of public servants stood down to 24 since October last year over allegations.
Of the four, one is based in the North and three are in the South. Two are related to "contemporary" allegations, and two to historical.
They were announced in the context of the Commission of Inquiry into the handling of child sexual abuse allegations in the Tasmanian public sector, which is focusing on the Ashley Youth Detention Centre, the Launceston General Hospital and Tasmanian public schools.
Mr Gutwein said the matters would be investigated as per standard processes.
"All four employees are being stood down to allow the appropriate process and investigations to take place," he said.
"It's my view that by fostering processes and encourage people to step forward, we will see more cases and this should come as no surprise to anyone.
"We need to shine a light on these matters rather than leave them in the dark."
The Commission of Inquiry held its first public hearing on Tuesday in which concerns were raised about a culture of cover-up at Ashley and the LGH, including the alleged destruction of documents.
IN OTHER NEWS:
Counsel assisting the inquiry, Maree Norton, also highlighted concerns about the three-year shutdown timeframe for Ashley, but Mr Gutwein said the comments were qualified with the terms "may" or "could", and he wanted the commission to be allowed to complete its work without preempting outcomes.
It was also revealed that Tasmania has not implemented all relevant recommendations from the Royal Commission into institutional responses to child sexual abuse, which reported in 2017.
Tasmania has implemented 198 of the 307 that were considered relevant to the state.
The state is yet to introduce national principles for child-safe organisations, or a reportable conduct scheme.