Towrang Hall was full to bursting on June 30 for the inaugural Winterfest. Sixty-five people enjoyed a meal of foccacia, beef casserole with English dumplings, chickpea and vegetable curry, chicken and Himalayan saffron mornay with sweet potato mash, and curried sausages with Argentinian dumplings and Greek fetta, all prepared and cooked by our Chef Tony.
This was followed by donated desserts. No one went home hungry! And we had a lovely bonfire (outside) to help ward off the chill.
A huge thank you to Tony, to those who set up the hall and organised the event, who helped serve and clean up. We have decided to make this an annual event, so mark your calendars for the last Friday night of June, 2018.
International Food Night
We will be having our seventh International Food Night on Friday, August 25 from 6.30pm. Bring along your favourite international dish (entree, main, sides or dessert), whether a family recipe or a new one you might like to try. You would need to provide food warming (ie. frypans or warming plates).
In previous years, we’ve had dishes from India, France, Thailand, China, England, Finland and, yes, even Australia (do Vegemite sandwiches count?)
This is a fundraiser for the hall, so entry is $5 per person, $15 if you don’t bring a dish, and $10 extra if you don’t finish what you have on your plate!
The ‘Tavern’ gathering for this month will be on Friday the 28th. Come along to the Towrang Hall from 6.30pm, bring your drinks, meal and don’t forget the kids. Everyone is welcome and all we ask is a gold coin donation to help keep the lights on and that you bring your best humour with you.
Please note that these dates are subject to change.
- July 29: Long service medal presentation to Towrang Brigade members, 3.30pm
- August 25: International Food Night/Towrang Tavern, 6.30pm
- October 27: Halloween evening, Towrang Tavern night. Dress up in costume
- November-December: Yuletide Mail Trail competition
- Saturday December 9: Community Christmas Party
- Sunday July 23: Church Service, St John’s Anglican Church, Towrang, 1pm
- Wednesday August 9: Progress Group meeting, 6.30pm, Towrang Hall. All welcome
- Friday August 11: Brigade meeting, 7.30pm, Fire Station