Exhibition Opening: Rowan Conroy - Sightseeing
- Friday 12th July until Saturday 7th September, 2019; Goulburn Regional Art Gallery, 184-194 Bourke Street, Goulburn, opening night 6pm-8pm. Gallery hours: Monday-Friday 9am-5pm, Saturday 12pm-4pm. Entre is free.
Rowan Conroy's primary focus has been the use of photographic technologies to address the beauty and discord, detailed richness and absence within the landscape. Conroy's practice has featured landforms and architectural spaces throughout Australia, the Middle East, Greece and China.
Conroy points to the tradition of technology of his medium as reflective and self-conscious. 'Sightseeing' will present a breadth of the artist's work from over a decade of practice.
For more information on Rowan Conroy - Sightseeing, click here.
'Close Encounters' Official Opening
- Sunday July 7, 3pm until Sunday, 28th July at 2 Blackshaw Rd, Goulburn, NSW, 2580. Gallery on Track is open Wednesday to Sunday - 10.00am to 4.00pm. Entry is free.
A vibrant and interesting display of wearable art combined with miniature artworks. This exhibition is sure to give you inspiration and a new appreciation for our artists.
Goulburn Play and Health Forum
- Wednesday 10th July at Best Western Plus, 77 Lagoon Street from 9am - 4:30pm. Entry is free. Please register here
On July 10th, in the glorious city of Goulburn, we present an exciting line up of speakers whose pioneering work in regional place-making, creativity, the arts and health will inspire you to think differently about the many possibilities for enlivening and enriching regional environments.
- Every Saturday at Marsden Weir Park, off Fitzroy Street. Run starts at 8am. Entry is free but please register before your first run. Register once with Parkrun here
Goulburn Parkrun is a free, weekly, 5km timed run open to all ages and abilities. Please register before your first run and don't forget to bring a printed copy of your barcode if you want to be timed! We all run for enjoyment so come along and join in the fun, whatever your pace! Every week we grab a postrun coffee in the Greengrocer cafe @ 37 Clifford Street, we'd love to see you.
Parkside Community Markets
- Montague Street, Goulburn, time: 8.30am-1.30pm
Come and enjoy the wonderful atmosphere of the Parkside Community markets in Montague Street, every second Saturday of the month. A Goulburn Rotary Club project, the Parkside Community Markets have loads of stalls selling quality local arts, crafts, produce, plants, fresh flowers and great food. There are also performances by students of the Goulburn Regional Conservatorium.
Yarralaw Springs Wines
- Sunday 14th July, 133 Muffets Rd, Quialigo from 11am - 4pm in the Strawbale Winery, only 15 mins from Goulburn..
Sunday Music Sessions
- Sunday, 14 July 2019, 1pm - 5pm (1pm Australian sessions, 3pm Veranda band Americana sessions) at Goulburn Club. Admission is free.
Every Sunday, bring along your talents, come and join the friendly bunch to share some music and singing on the veranda or by the fire. Join in or come to listen and enjoy.
Bungonia Hot Lunch
- Wednesday, 17 July 2019, 12pm at Bungonia Hall. Cost: $15
A nutritious, wholesome home cooked and hot meal will be prepared and served at Bungonia Hall every Wednesday EXCEPT the 2nd Wednesday of the month ( Judy's Morning Tea ) for $15 p/h. This will also cover dessert. You can either have your meal with everyone else there or you can take the meal home to have at your leisure. The choice is yours. Please contact the organiser to pre book your attendance for catering purposes by the end of the proceeding Monday. Everyone is welcome.
Aus Time Attack
- Saturday, 20 July, Wakefield Park Raceway, 4770 Braidwood Rd, Tirrannaville, NSW, Time: TBA upon booking. Cost:See website for details.
Aus Time Attack is about more than just racing. It's about the ultimate collaboration of man and machine with the single goal of beating the clock. Apart from aiming for the quickest lap time on a given day, it's about having your car ready for the mechanical stress that this entails. It's about modifying a production car with no power or upgrade limitations, tuning to the point of achieving a record smashing performance and taking a car to the brink.
The Dawn Wall
- Saturday, 20 July, PCYC Goulburn, Avoca St at 7pm.
In January, 2015, American rock climbers Tommy Caldwell and Kevin Jorgeson captivated the world with their effort to climb The Dawn Wall, a seemingly impossible 3,000 foot rock face in Yosemite National Park, California. The pair lived on the sheer vertical cliff for weeks, igniting a frenzy of global media attention. But to tell that story, the filmmakers rewind to the events of August 2000, when a fresh-faced Caldwell, on his first big trip out of the States, was kidnapped with his girlfriend and climbing buddies by militants in Kyrgyzstan. More than just a climbing film, this movie is an inspiration to all and will leave you desperate for your next adventure. The film screened at the Melbourne International Film Festival, won the audience award at South by Southwest, is 100% on Rotten Tomatoes and described by Variety as a must see.
Track Day Club
- Saturday, 27 July, Wakefield Park, 4770 Braidwood Road, 9am - 4pm, Cost: Driver $265 / 2nd driver $60 / Passenger $25 - Book here.
Experience the exhilaration of high-performance driving in your car with Track Day Club. Build confidence, improve driving skills, discover your cars potential, meet new people and most of all have fun. From the novice to enthusiast through the professional, everyone is welcome. Track Day Club, weekend track days at Wakefield Park and Marulan MDTC it's an awesome day out!
While you're with us...
Did you know the Goulburn Post is now offering breaking news alerts and a weekly email newsletter? Keep up-to-date with all the local news: sign up below.