Two new cases of COVID-19 have been recorded in both the Southern Highlands and in Queanbeyan overnight.
Southern NSW Local Health District, which covers Goulburn and Queanbeyan, also confirmed there had been one new case identified after last night's 8pm cut off, in Karabar.
One case of COVID-19 was also announced in Goulburn on Saturday.
There have been a total of 22 cases of COVID-19 in Southern NSW LHD since the current outbreak began in June.
According to the NSW Health Website, a further two cases of COVID-19 were recorded on Saturday, bringing the total to 17 active cases in the region.
The Southern Highland News previously reported 13 active cases of COVID-19 in the region on September 10.
No other information is known.
There has been a total of 20 cases of COVID-19 in the Southern Highlands since the current outbreak began in June.
South Western Sydney Local Health District, which covers the Southern Highlands, was contacted for comment.
COVID-19 fragments have been detected in sewage at Yass, Jindabyne and Moruya. None of these locations have active COVID-19 cases.
Fragments of the virus continue to be found in the sewage treatment plant in Mittagong.
According to the NSW Health Website, there are nine cases of COVID-19 in the 2575 postcode which includes Mittagong, one case in the 2576 postcode and one case in the 2579 postcode up until September 11.
Across NSW, 1257 people tested positive for COVID-19 and more than 133,000 people were tested in the 24 hour period up to September 12, 8 pm.
Residents should be alert for even the mildest symptoms that could signal COVID-19 including headache, nausea, sore throat, runny nose, cough, loss of smell or taste, or fever.
If symptoms appear, people must isolate and get tested immediately, and remain isolated until a negative result is received.
There are more than 500 COVID-19 testing locations across NSW and a full list is available here.
If you are eligible, please also come forward for vaccination as soon as possible.
To help stop the spread of COVID-19:
- If you are unwell, get tested and isolate right away - don't delay.
- Wash your hands regularly and take hand sanitiser with you when you go out.
- Keep your distance and leave 1.5 metres between yourself and others.
- Wear a mask at all times when outside your home, except when exercising.
- Goulburn Base Hospital and Health Service 130 Goldsmith St, Goulburn
- Goulburn drive-through Seiffert Oval, Goulburn
- Goulburn Capital Pathology 127 Bourke Street, Goulburn
- Crookwell Hospital 19 Kialla Rd, Crookwell.
- Yass drive-through clinic 1-3 MacDonald St, Yass.
- Queanbeyan District Hospital & Health Service 107 Collett St, Queanbeyan NSW
- Queanbeyan Capital Pathology 23 Antill Street, 1st Floor, Queanbeyan.
- Queanbeyan Laverty Pathology drive-through clinic Quenbeyan Showground carpark
There are two Covid-19 testing locations in the Southern Highlands.
- Bowral and District Hospital. Open 8:30 am to 5 pm, seven days a week. Appointments are not required. Entry is from Ascot Road.
- Mittagong Respiratory Clinic. Open 8 am to 5 pm, seven days a week. Appointments required, call 4800 9032. The clinic is located in the lower level of Mittagong Health Care Centre.