There are two new COVID-19 cases in Goulburn, with one linked to known cases.
The Southern NSW Local Health District (SNSWLHD) were notified of two cases in the 24 hours to 8pm last night.
SNSWLHD were also notified of the following new venues of concern associated with COVID-19 cases.
- Go Vita, Tuesday, September 28 from 10.30am to 11.30am
- Woolworths, Tuesday, September 28 from 2.10pm to 3.10pm and Wednesday, September 29 from 12.55pm to 1.40pm.
- Coles, Monday, September 27 from 1.55pm to 2.30pm, Tuesday, September 28 from 2.35pm to 3.15pm and Thursday, September 30 from 11.45am to 12.45pm
- Target, Monday, September 27 from 1.55pm to 2.55pm
- Wendy's, Monday, September 27 from 1.45pm to 2.20pm
- Kinghorne General Store, Tuesday,September 28 from 8.40am to 9.20am and 1.05pm to 1.45pm.
- Australia Post, Wednesday, September 29 from 11.35am to 11.55pm
- Metro Petroleum, Friday 1 October from 3pm to 3.35pm
Anyone who visited one of these venues at the times listed is a casual contact and must immediately get tested and isolate until a negative result is received.
Staff will be contacted separately by SNSWLHD's Public Health Unit regarding their testing and isolation requirements.
Everyone in the district should be alert for any symptoms that could signal COVID-19 including headache, nausea, sore throat, runny nose, cough, loss of smell or taste, or fever.
If symptoms appear, people must isolate and get tested immediately, and remain isolated until a negative result is received.
Meanwhile,, NSW recorded 667 new locally acquired cases of COVID-19 in the 24 hours to 8pm last night.
One new case was acquired overseas, and 14 previously reported cases have been excluded following further investigation.
There were also 10 deaths from people with COVID-19 reported
Two people were in their 50s, four people were in their 60s, two people were in their 70s and two people were in their 80s.
Three people were from south western Sydney, three people were from western Sydney, one person was from south eastern Sydney, one person was from the Eastern Suburbs, one person was from the Wollongong area, and one person was from the Nepean Blue Mountains area.
Four people were not vaccinated, four people had received one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine, and two people had received two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine.
The two people who had received two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine both acquired their infections in aged care facilities.
A man in his 80s from western Sydney who died at Auburn Hospital acquired his infection at Hardi Aged Care Facility in Guildford. This is the fifth death linked to this outbreak.
A woman in her 80s from western Sydney who died at Campbelltown Hospital acquired her infection at Northcourt Aged Care Facility in North Paramatta. This is the first death linked to this outbreak.
A woman in her 60s from western Sydney died at Westmead Hospital. Her infection is associated with Mount Druitt Hospital. This is the second death linked to this outbreak.
Two people died at home. A man in his 60s from the Wollongong area was not vaccinated and had underlying health conditions. A woman in her 50s from the Eastern Suburbs had received one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine. She tested positive to COVID-19 following her death.
NSW Health extended its sincere condolences to their loved ones.
To help stop the spread of COVID-19:
- If you are unwell, get tested and isolate right away - don't delay.
- Wash your hands regularly and take hand sanitiser with you when you go out.
- Keep your distance and leave 1.5 metres between yourself and others.
- Wear a mask at all times when outside your home, except when exercising.
Did you know the Goulburn Post is now offering breaking news alerts and a weekly email newsletter? Keep up-to-date with all the local news: sign up below.