In its fourth year, the Steampunk and Victorian Fair is a visual, auditory and imaginative celebration that combines facets of the future with the industrial revolution.
Art, mechanics, fashion and more will transform the Goulburn Historic Waterworks into a Steampunk and Victoriana wonderland.
The Goulburn Post will be live blogging from the day here.
10am-4pm on Saturday 14th October
The Steampunk and Victoriana Fair is hosted at the Goulburn Historic Waterworks Museum on the banks of the Wollondilly River at Marsden Weir.
The steam operated pumping facility was built between 1883 and 1885 and provided the town’s first reticulated water supply.
There will be no general public parking onsite
A free park and ride service will be running from the Goulburn Mulwaree Council carpark on Clifford Street.
The service will run every 30 minutes from 9:45am.
The last bus leaving the Waterworks at 3:45pm.
Entry to the event is $5 per adult. Children under 16 are free.
- 10am to 10.30am – Jeff from Cybridian performs industrial rock
- 10:30am to 11am – Parasol Duel Demonstration
- 11am to 12pm – New Empire Ballroom Ragtime Dance Orchestra
- 12pm to 1pm – Official opening and costume parade
- 1:10pm to 1:30pm- Zhagareet Oriental Dance Troupe
- 1:30pm to 2:15pm – New Empire Ballroom Ragtime Dance Orchestra
- 10am to 4pm – Pumphouse Museum open by donation. Self-guided tours all day.
- 10;30am, 11:30am, 1pm and 2pm – Guided Tours
- 10am to 4pm – BIG & Little Steam Engines display
Hillside and Main Stage
- Hillside – food offerings
- Main stage – Steam punk themed market stalls, costume registration
- 10am to 4pm – Cup & Saucer ride, Little Red Train ride
- 10am to 4pm – Steampunk Petting Zoo
- 10am to 4pm – Steampunk Golf Buggy & Shuttle Bus
Riverside (Grass Area)
- 10am to 4pm – National Military Reenactment Group – Living History Display
- 10am to 4pm – Kids playground and Free Artpunk
- 10am to 4pm – the crew of the Airship Sirius
- Special guest appearance by Tara Moss.
- The Lietder Theatre Company’s production of Jules Verne’s Journey Through The Impossible will open on October 18.
- The Goulburn Club, at 19 Market Street will be open from 5pm on Saturday for steampunkers looking for a drink and a relax.