Lieder Theatre is nothing without the support of the community behind the scenes and on the stage, and you can be part of it all.
The community theatre's summer shows will begin from December 10 with seven plays by young writers through the Mighty Playwrights program.
The Lieder Theatre Company is welcoming Tablelanders to next year's season launch and information night on December 2.
As a community theatre, every show succeeds because of the hard work and strengths of volunteers.
Carpentry, cooking and craft are some of the many skills volunteers have harnessed at the country's oldest community theatre.
The theatre's footpath mosaic created by artist Cayla Pothan from the Tootsie Gallery Café in Yass will be unveiled on the night at 6pm.
Tablelanders can come and enjoy some food and a glass of bubbly after the mosaic is launched and can meet the directors (below) of upcoming shows in 2022.
Some of the shows include:
- A modern adaptation of Moliere's fall-about farce Scapin directed by Annie Bilton
- Romeo and Juliet which will be directed by Ryan Paranthoiene
- The third season of Goulburn's award-winning Mighty Playwrights (to be performed at the GPAC)
- Michelle McAleer will direct the Tennessee William's classic Glass Menagerie
- Charlotte's Webb which will be directed by Blake Selmes
Tablelanders can call Blake Selmes on 0431 093 124 or email him on email@example.com for more information.
We depend on subscription revenue to support our journalism. If you are able, please subscribe here. If you are already a subscriber, thank you for your support.
Did you know the Goulburn Post is now offering breaking news alerts and a weekly email newsletter? Keep up-to-date with all the local news: sign up below.